September is Suicide Awareness Month
Know QPR & Save a Life
QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer — the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide.
Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help. Each year thousands of Americans, like you, are saying "Yes" to saving the life of a friend, colleague, sibling, or neighbor.
1. Define what is Question, Persuade, Refer and why it is needed.
2. Discuss the data for suicide prevention.
3. Discuss why to ask the Question about suicide.
4. Discuss how to ask the Question.
5. Discuss how to have a conversation (persuade) with someone having suicidal thoughts.
6. Discuss how to Refer – resources for someone having suicidal thoughts.
Presented By: Tina Hoffman
Franciscan Health, Community Health Improvement Coordinator
Franciscan Health has approved this presentation for 1 contact hour of Nursing Continuing Education.
Franciscan Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91).