TITLE: Using Architectural Lighting Systems for Interior Lightscaping
CEU: IDCEC-109847 AIA-Sonn001
SUBJECT CODE: 2. Interior Design 8. Lighting Design
LENGTH: 1.0 Hour CLASSIFICATION: Basic
Style meets function in today’s architectural lighting systems. When used to lightscape interiors, these scalable lighting systems elevate the style, add drama and make a statement while improving occupant comfort and safety. This course examines the use of various types of architectural lighting systems and their role in creatively shaping light within interiors through the marriage of great design and technology.
1. An introduction to interior lightscaping, and how to apply emerging lighting solutions that enhance architectural elements and create an emotional experience for the building's occupants.
2. About the types of architectural lighting systems, including recessed, track/monorail and linear, and suspension and how to integrate them into the room’s structure to meet the three key aspects of lighting design: functional needs, aesthetic appeal and energy efficiency.
3. How the marriage of great design and technology can be applied to precisely control light, adding function, beauty and energy efficiency to architectural lightscapes.
4. Guidelines on, and how to specify architectural lighting systems for interior lightscaping that represent an intersection of function, style, and energy efficiency.
1. Introduction to Interior Lightscaping: Light as Art & How it Affects a Buildings Users (15 Minutes)
2. Types of Architectural Lighting Systems & How They Meet Key Aspects of Lighting Design (15 Minutes)
3. Controlling Light Through Design and Technology (15 Minutes)
4. How to Specify Architectural Lighting Systems for Interior Lightscaping (15 Minutes)