Working in collaboration with Edinburgh Napier University, Robert Gordon University and the City of Glasgow College, ASVA is delighted to be hosting a new webinar on one of the most important issues facing attractions, that of attracting talent into our sector.
The importance of staff in the delivery of a quality visitor attraction experience is undisputed. This new webinar will look at how visitor attractions and universities/colleges can work together more effectively to engage the future workforce. We’ll talk about the various ways that attractions and universities & colleges can work together, some of the barriers – both real and perceived – to engagement and some of the positive collaborations that have been experienced via a range of examples and case studies. The aim is to build mutual understanding of all our needs, break down some of the barriers and provide actionable content to allow you to better engage with and benefit from the incredible talent pull that exists within the student bodies at universities and colleges., many of whom who will be the future workforce for our sector.
Content for the webinar includes:
• Why the topic of engaging with the future workforce so important for us all
• What’s changed in recent years within universities and colleges
• An exploration of the various ways to interact with students, including placements, live projects, student projects, dissertations and, indeed, staff research projects.
• What the barriers to engagement are, or what they perceived to be and how these barriers can be overcome.
• Practical steps to building engagement with universities and colleges to invest in the future workforce
• Case studies from attraction operators and student examples