In partnership with Healing Communities USA, join us for our last virtual #GAReentryAwarenessMonth2021 community discussion where we will be engaging with faith leaders, people of faith and community members on the critical role that the faith community plays in reentry beyond the jail and prison walls and its contribution to the success of those returning home after incarceration.
Topics of conversation will include:
* Why having a jail/prison ministry isn't enough
* Churches using criminal background checks to ban worshippers with criminal records
* How to address concerns about worshippers on the sex offender registry
* The church's role in ending mass incarceration
* Seeking resolutions for effective spiritual reintegration
* How to become a Healing Community and Station of Hope for Returning Citizens
* MUCH MORE!
Waleisah Wilson, Founder of NewLife-Second Chance Outreach, Inc.
Rev. Dr. Harold Dean Trulear, National Director of Healing Communities USA
Rev. John Vaughn, Ebenezer Baptist Church
Billy Michael Honor, Aspen Institute
Bill Paul, Restore Georgia
Rev. Dr. Sandra Anderson, 2nd Chance Aftercare Ministry
Rabbi Lydia Medwin, The Temple (Atlanta)
Questions? Email email@example.com