Since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic across the world, museums have become increasingly recognised for the role they can play in addressing physical, mental and social well-being. Join artists, curators and educators from Asia, the Pacific, Central and South America talking about how notions of well-being are informing their practices and how they are shaping the museum and its many publics.
- Gill Nicol, Director of Audience Engagement, Learning, Public Programs, Marketing&Comms and Visitor Experience, MCA Australia, Sydney, Australia
- Alfredo Aracil, Head of Community Engagement, Department of Education, at the Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Jessica Gogan, Independent Curator and educator, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Sofía Olascoaga, independent educator, artist, and researcher. Member of Sistema Nacional de Creadores Artísticos, in Mexico, in Experimental Practices (2019-22) to develop the project The Nurturer: Cooking to Learn (La Nutridora: Una cocina para aprender).
- Lee Mingwei, Artist, Paris, France and New York, USA
Moderated by CIMAM Board Member, Suzanne Cotter, Director, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia. With the support of CIMAM Board Members Victoria Noorthoorn, Director, Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires, and Rhana Devenport, Director, Art Gallery of South Australia