Washington State Virtual Rally - July 10th @ 12 pm PT
On Saturday, July 10, join the League of Women Voters of Washington and Fix Democracy First, along with democracy champions and supporters across Washington state, for a virtual rally. Together we will take grassroots action to pass the For the People Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act.
We will have several local and national speakers participating to give us inspiration on how we can get there, including:
• Barbara Arnwine, Transformative Justice Coalition President
• WA State Treasurer Mike Pellicciotti
• WA State Senator Patty Kuderer
• WA State Representative Javier Valdez
• David Domke, Common Power Associate Director
• Cinthia Illan-Vazquez, Washington Bus Co-Director
• Lunell Haught, League of Women Voters of WA President
• Cindy Black, Fix Democracy First Executive Director
• Other special guests and leaders from state & national organizations
Last week, the U.S. Supreme Court dealt two blows to our democracy with decisions in Brnovich v. Democratic National Committee, which will make it easier for states to pass discriminatory laws, and Americans for Prosperity Foundation v. Bonta, which weakens campaign finance transparency requirements. These two decisions are a stark reminder to all of us that Congress must pass legislation to protect our freedom to vote from this assault and ensure an equitable, transparent, and inclusive democracy.
These decisions show now more than ever, we need to take action. Together, we can ensure Americans can safely and freely cast our ballots so that every voice is heard and our elections reflect the will of the people.
Hosted by Fix Democracy First & the League of Women Voters of Washington