COVID-19 Impact: Understanding COVID-19 Skin Manifestations
The learning objectives for this session will be:
1. Create an awareness of the silent skin manifestations related to COVID-19.
2. Discuss how to distinguish between skin manifestations related to COVID-19 and similar looking etiologies, such as shingles and deep tissue pressure ulcers/injuries.
3. Provide helpful documentation considerations for wounds that develop as a result of, or are stalled in their healing trajectory due to COVID-19.
4. Discuss COVID-19 long – haulers and the issues that arise with wound development and wound healing.
5. Introduce COVID-19 Skin Manifestations Campaign and discuss how facilities can participate.
Special Guests: Victoria Nalls, PhD, GNP-BC, CWS, ACHPN; Pamela Scarborough, PT, DPT, CWS, FAAWC
Hosted by: Diane Sanders-Cepeda, DO, CMD