Exclusively for AIM member museums, 10 places available.
AIM’s first Hallmark is Purpose; a clear statement about why you are there which should be shared by everyone in your museum.
Learn how to create your pitch – it’s more complex than you imagine! Once you have a pitch, if someone asks you about your museum or you’re bidding for funding, you can clearly state why you exist and why you deserve to be supported. It will become a very powerful statement and will transform how you think about yourself.
What this workshop will cover:
- be clear about your purpose: what is your museum for?
- how to ensure you all share the same vision
- vision, mission and purpose: are they different and does it matter?
This workshop will be interactive, engaging and stimulating.
What you will take away:
- the beginnings of your vision and mission
- how to involve all your volunteers/staff in creating your purpose
- top tips on creating a shared vision and mission
Hilary McGowan is a leading governance and resilience museums consultant with over 35 years helping museums to grow stronger and change so they can thrive. Her background as a Museum Director in York, Exeter and Bristol, and as a Trustee of Bletchley Park means she understands every point of view. She is known for her lively and stimulating workshops.
Please note, as places are limited, this event is for museum members of AIM and there is only one booking per organisation. If you're not able to make the session, please do let AIM know so we can allocate your place to someone else.