Attendees will gain an understanding of significant potential issues regarding Medicare and Medicaid cost reports for Critical Access Hospitals (CAH).
Topics of this high-level session will cover cost reporting for CAHs including at least:
• Allowable costs noting some targeted problem areas
• Cost allocation and some options to consider
• Hospital based Rural Health Clinic (RHC):
-RHC cost limits
-RHC Covid-19 vaccination reporting and
-RHC telehealth and chronic care
• Medicare bad debts
• Louisiana-specific Bayou Health cost reporting considerations
• Using cost report data for certain management decisions
Presenter – Tommy Barnhart
As a COVID-19 Technical Assistance Specialist, Tommy Barnhart helps rural health care providers overcome barriers they face due to the ongoing pandemic through NRHA's Rural COVID-19 Technical Assistance Center, primarily focusing on finance and reimbursement. He has over 50 years of experience in healthcare finance and operations, working with hospitals, long-term care providers, home health agencies, hospices, clinics and other healthcare entities.