Enjoy a fun event learning how to make homemade play dough with the STEM it UP student ambassadors! Learn about the interesting science behind making play dough!
Adult supervision requiried for young children required *use of hot water
Materials required for the experiment:
• A large bowl
• Measuring cups and spoons
• A small saucepan
• A large spoon
• An airtight container for storage (optional)
• 1 cup flour
• 1/2 cup salt
• 2 tsp cream of tartar (optional; it will make your play dough last longer)
• 1 cup hot water
• 1 tbsp oil
• A couple drops of food colouring (optional)
• Essential oils, food extracts or dried spices of your choice (optional)
*Chance to win prizes at the event!