How to Get Young People Involved in Activism: Award-winning author Elizabeth Rusch will offer surprising insights from her new book for adults and young adults, You Call THIS Democracy? How to Fix our Government and Deliver Power to the People, which the New York Times called “fascinating” and Kirkus called “a riveting must-read.” In addition to discussing concrete steps to fix our democracy, Rusch will share insights on how to reach and rally young people.
- You can order the book anywhere, but we encourage you to support Annie Bloom's Books, a local small business. Links here:
- As an incentive to donate to our candidates in North Carolina, if you purchase a book and donate $20.20 to our candidates through the link below, Liz Rusch will personally autograph your book! (On the checkout page at Annie Bloom's Books, just leave a note in the "comments" box that you've donated, and they'll hold the book to be autographed before shipping).
- If you donate $50 or more to our candidates, Liz Rush will do a 20-minute virtual visit with your own personal book club!
REGISTRATION & SECURITY:
- Only one registration is required per computer (not per person).
- You do not need a Zoom account to participate.
- Once approved, your meeting link is unique to you. Don't share it with anyone else.
- To invite friends and family members, share this registration link and ask them to register at least two (2) hours prior to the start.
- The event will begin at 5 pm Pacific. We will open the Zoom channel 30 mins prior for a happy half hour and troubleshooting.
$5-10 per person to attend (suggested)
$20.20 for an autograph
$50 for personal book club visit
Donate at https://secure.actblue.com/donate/sd141-slate-pdxe?refcode=lizrusch