Prof. Akwasi Owusu-Bempah
Associate Professor, Department of Sociology
University of Toronto
In light of the many calls for systemic changes in the areas of policing, law enforcement and campus safety, we are aiming to:
• Create space for critical dialogue on the role of community in establishing safety practices.
• Identify what systemic antiracism changes in community safety can look like.
• Discuss the role all levels of the university play in re-envisioning safety practices through an antiracism lens.
Time: 10:00 am - 11:30 am
• Platform access information: This session will be delivered using Zoom and will be accompanied by closed captions. Accessibility information for this platform, can be found at: https://explore.zoom.us/en/accessibility/. General information on how to use this platform can be found at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Zoom-video-call.
• Participation: participants are invited to post questions using the chat function during the Q&A.
• Questions: If you have any accessibility questions or are looking for further information on how we might support your participation, including accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.