Local Community Service and Open Place Directory hosted by Adam Harris, Product Owner of Open Place Directory, Placecube
Panel based discussion with Q&A
The panel will be made up of the following people:
• Linda Vernon (Digital Leader ~ Personalised Care, Lancashire & South Cumbria Integrated Care System)
• Kenneth Barnsley (Blackburn Council)
• Kevin Peltonen-Messenger (CEO, The Care Forum)
• Mike Thacker (Porism, LG Inform Plus & Open Referral UK)
• Ian Singleton (Northern Digital Catalyst, Digital Gaps)
Placecube’s Open Place Directory was built in partnership with Bristol City Council, where it facilitates the collection and maintenance of local community services, focused primarily on Adult Social Care. Open Place Directory supports the Open Referral UK data standard and provides Open API’s in order for service data to be consumed by one or many front ends. The model is also being implemented by Lancashire and South Cumbria ICS, to support social prescribing across a population of 1.8 million.
This panel-based session, hosted by Open Place Directory product owner, Adam Harris, will bring together representatives from Local Government, the NHS, the 3rd Sector, Open Referral UK and Digital Gaps, in order that they can share their perspectives and the work they are doing to bring both the Open Data model and Open Referral UK Data Standard for local community services to life.
Part one of this session will involve an introduction and overview from each panel member, focusing on the work they and their organisations are doing as part of the evolution of this community services data ecosystem. This will be followed by an opportunity for you to ask questions of the panel members.
• Learn about work underway in Local Government and the NHS, to implement open data models for Local Community Services
• See how the Open Referral UK data standard can help in ensuring data quality for local services, and interoperability between compliant applications
• See how software, such as Open Place Directory, can help organisations