Calling all Executive Directors, support staff, board members, committee chairs, and volunteers — come one, come all! It's time to learn more about the world of Main Street.
Our Main Street 101 series features a variety of trainings, each geared for a specific audience and featuring members of the Washington Main Street community to share their own experiences. Take a look at the offerings, sign up for what excites you, and be sure to pass the link along to others at your organization too!
• January 4 at noon: New Executive Director Training — Designed for new or incoming Executive Directors less than 18 months into their role. Hosted with Jackie Swihart, Program Officer for Revitalization Services at Main Street America (90 minutes)
• January 11 at noon: Main Street 101 — Designed for anyone hoping to learn more about Main Street, especially newer staff, board members, and volunteers.
• February 8 at noon: Board Chairs Training — Designed for all board chairs. Hosted with Lisa Thompson, Senior Program Officer for Revitalization Services at Main Street America. *We recommend board chairs also attend Board Members Training the following week.
• February 15 at noon: Board Members Training — Designed for all board members (including chairs), especially incoming board members and those less than 18 months into their role. Hosted with Joi Cuartero Austin, Senior Program Officer for Economic Vitality at Main Street America.
• February 22 at noon: Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program (MSTCIP) Refresher — Designed for any Main Street Community staff or volunteers who have a hand in fundraising via the MSTCIP. Whether you've done a training recently, have been working with the program for years, or are just itching to get involved, we recommend you join!
All trainings will be 60 minutes, except for New Executive Director Training, which will be 90 minutes. Please feel free to bring your lunch with you!