Who can see your viewing activity?
1. Governmental Relations: How can the Mayor, Assembly and Manager work best together to meet the needs and goals of businesses and the community? What has been going well and what would you like to see change
2. Economic stability and recovery: The Haines economy is reeling from high unemployment, travel restrictions and the Border closure, low fish numbers and prices, the high cost of living, and more. How do you plan to address economic relief, stability, and stimulus that will support and attract working families and small businesses?
3. Covid-19 Management: How would you like to see the ongoing Covid-19 response be managed by the Borough? Do you support any additional local mandates? How would you propose using the remaining CARES Act funds?
4. Energy & Infrastructure: Our community’s public deep-water dock, the Lutak Dock, has been deemed “at the end of its 60-year service life” by PND engineers and it has already experienced localized failures that are compromising its safety and function. If the Borough does not receive the BUILD grant is has applied for, what will you do to help find funding for the Lutak Dock rehabilitation project? What other infrastructure projects would you like to pursue?
5. Borough Budget and Priorities: Covid-19 and low oil prices are both negatively impacting State and local government revenue sources. What ideas do you support for increasing revenue and reducing expenses to keep a balanced budget? What essential services would you like to see prioritized?
6. Are you in support of additional cruise ship dockings to Haines?
7. Do you support growth in the heliskiing industry?
8. Do you support a tax increase to cover budget deficits?
9. Do you support a draw on the permanent fund to cover budget deficits