Zoom Logo

Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition (LANCC) - Shared screen with speaker view
Bonnie Wolfe
19:33
I will give some more context before I take anymore questions or comments.
Tony Butka
24:46
When do you expect to have the survey available to the Neighborhood Councils?
Glenn Bailey
24:50
Presenter has asked that all questions be placed in Chat
Ro Hensley
25:00
Question for Bonnie: will your HACKLA presentation deck be available for view after our call today? I missed the first half. Thank you!
Glenn Bailey
27:12
The link to this Zoom recording will be posted on the LANCC meetings webpage hopefully by tomorrow morning www.LANCC.org
Miho Murai
27:18
Good morning everyone! Miho, here from HCNNC. I would like to suggest that the report that Bonnie creates that compares all of the NCs' website should be shared to all NCs and perhaps she can do a de brief for members of the Outreach Committee on her report and some tips on how their websites can be improved. Also, I believe she stated that she is a non-profit so what services does her non-profit provide?
Conrad Starr
27:21
Budget season is upon us. Will our scoring help to determine what we might need to budget in web improvements for FY 2022-22
Julien Antelin
32:41
https://311-data.org/
Julien Antelin
33:38
If you forget the URL, you can find it on the Data page of our website: https://empowerla.org/data/
Glenn Bailey
34:02
Please save Chat -- click on three dots ... to the lower right corner on your screen
Jennifer Goodie
37:59
Can the list of audit criteria be put in the chat? It looked like a lot of low hanging fruit that could possibly be tackled pretty quickly.
Bonnie Wolfe - Hack for LA
39:33
Here is a link to the spreadsheet if anyone wants to see the work in progress: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V5cOCwABGNsvp715EL-SIRklcknEJB-hj4Mtjl8zMpw/edit?usp=sharing
Jennifer Goodie
39:46
Thanks!
Bonnie Wolfe - Hack for LA
40:25
Here is a link to the deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uSwxKUUQfydQ1BKai77Z1srBZlJObo6Y8YqCA9bke5g/edit#slide=id.gc7e5777f9a_0_496
Lou Caravella
44:47
Not sure why Cindy’s question wasn’t addressed by Hack for LA. The answer is redirects and deletion. A link never has to “break”. It can redirect to a new link that ends with, for example, “/archive” because the old content has been moved to an archive directory called archive. But if you find a broken link, it’s probably expired content that the poster took down. So you should take it down too simply by deleting it.
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
45:03
Thanks Julian, but you must be able to teach & reteach all of this on a platform like YouTube ASAP!
Bonnie Wolfe - Hack for LA
45:42
@Lou @Cindy, we are not checking for broken links. We are checking to see what kind of information the NC websites contain
Bonnie Wolfe - Hack for LA
46:04
Thank you everyone for the opportunity to present to you. Here is the email if you wish to contact us to help with this opencommunitysurvey@hackforla.org
Ro Hensley
46:08
Julien, the link didn’t come through
Rudy Melendez
46:50
How are nc elections going for those that have had them thus far?
Tony Butka
47:52
Per Cindy's comment. How much historical data has EmpowerLA kept over the years?
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
48:29
Let us all remember the Steven Box Data purge that cut off all direct connection with data that was old but relevant to today's problems 🤔
Rudy Melendez
50:21
@ Velinda & David R... We remember well!
Miho Murai, HCNNC
56:53
Excellent points, Rachel. Can you share your contact info?
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
57:33
Simple education & links to all 99 NC's is a must for a functional system!!!
Rachael Rose Luckey
58:47
RachaelRose4LA@gmail.com
Rachael Rose Luckey
59:17
@Miho
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
01:00:52
We need the how to sign up for your NC now not later...
Rachael Rose Luckey
01:01:01
Thanks Jullien!
Rachael Rose Luckey
01:01:15
Thank you Bonnie!
Rudy Melendez
01:03:20
Steven FYI, we don’t want toilet to tap
Glenn Bailey
01:04:00
REMINDER: During the LADWP presentation, please only use the Chat to ask QUESTIONS to the speaker. Thank you.
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
01:04:28
We want showers to flowers!
Ro Hensley
01:04:47
Question: what exactly does "100% waste water recycling" mean?
Glenn Bailey
01:08:02
Hopefully we can obtain this slide presentation so it can be uploaded to (or linked from) the LANCC meeting webpage. www.LANCC.org
Miho Murai
01:09:47
Hello all! Is it possible for NC reps to rename themselves and indicate which NC they are from? Thanks! Miho, HCNNC
Miho Murai
01:10:44
Thanks David for being here for HCNNC! I will be voting for any resolutions on behalf of HCNNC. Good seeing you here!
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
01:13:10
Yes, Miho you can rename your self... I'm here for backup & glad Phyllis is here too... all things are well now that you are attending regularly!
Steve Twining
01:14:34
You can visit the Orange County facility which does the same thing now and you can drink the water.
Miho Murai
01:15:59
I have renamed myself. I am using two devices. Lol.
Miho Murai
01:16:20
Multitasking, David, laundry and meetings...lol
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
01:18:45
This is how we all get this done Miho... most important thing is to listen & judge for your stakeholders: How is this going to effect my NC?
Glenn Bailey
01:20:02
Public Comments: for NCs, 30 days is insufficient. We ask for 60 days
Glenn Bailey
01:21:10
...at LEAST 60 days!
Glenn Bailey
01:21:40
Could the comment deadline be extended? Thank you.
Conrad Starr
01:25:53
Mr Kuo, when your colleagues presented to this group more than one year ago, I asked about filtration of microplastics. At the time, it didn’t seem to be on the radar of the presenters. Anything to say today? Thanks.
Glenn Bailey
01:27:53
www.ladwp.com/OperationNEXT
Rachael Rose Luckey
01:30:24
Could we take down the presentation please
Conrad Starr
01:31:28
Thanks, and btw i drink tap since COVID!
Kay Hartman
01:31:53
How does drought affect this project?
Rachael Rose Luckey
01:32:00
I have always drank tap
Kay Hartman
01:33:52
I'm struggling to understand how we can meet 70% local water in times of drought.
Kay Hartman
01:34:10
Scoping is when we want to comment.
Steve Twining
01:34:36
because it's wastewater treatment.
Steve Twining
01:35:21
I would recommend that the DWP organize more visits to Orange County facilities.
Rachael Rose Luckey
01:36:17
Can we please take the presentation down?
sharon brewer
01:36:25
Notifications need to go to ALL BOARD MEBERS not just officers!
sharon brewer
01:42:36
Any use of cement (side walks, driveways, bike paths, center dividers (etc.) MUST include a way to capture rain water!
Rudy Melendez
01:43:25
Can LADWP speak to why my wife and I and neighbors are still receiving wildly fluctuating water and power bills?
Kay Hartman
01:44:30
Sending notification to NC officers, is insufficient. It really needs to go to the full board.
Rachael Rose Luckey
01:44:56
They should work wit DONE for emailing all NC board members
Rachael Rose Luckey
01:46:34
Thank you for the presentation :~)
Rudy Melendez
01:50:23
The city of LA is set to receive 1.13 billion dollars from the blue state bail out
Rudy Melendez
01:52:22
According to our city controller 85% of the blue state bail out money money will go to LA city employee salaries and underfunded pensions.
Jennifer Goodie
01:56:01
It was brought to my attention by our NEA emailing it to my board
Jennifer Goodie
01:56:25
it ws specifically highlighted in our legislative report
Miho Murai, HCNNC
01:56:48
Hello all! Is it possible for NC reps to rename themselves and indicate which NC they are from so we can connect with each other after the meeting? Thanks! Miho, HCNNC
Miho Murai, HCNNC
01:57:43
For those that are not tech savyy, you just click on your name and hit rename. Thanks! It would be good to know which NCs are represented here.
Glenn Bailey
01:58:33
Here is the link to CF 21-0182: https://cityclerk.lacity.org/lacityclerkconnect/index.cfm?fa=ccfi.viewrecord&cfnumber=21-0182
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
01:59:04
This is usually done at the beginning of the meeting & maybe Terrace can suggest this next meeting so all can adapt to identifying each other...
Miho Murai, HCNNC
01:59:39
Can you please include the motion on the share screen?
Rachael Rose Luckey
02:00:21
Amend the Martinez motion to include a separate city department for the Youth Council and to sufficiently fund such a department.
Jennifer Goodie
02:00:46
I think we also need to address the gender requirement, but any language I draft for that would probably be outdated and clunky and I don't want to offend by using the wrong terms
Rachael Rose Luckey
02:01:21
I would second an amendment Jennifer if you want to put it forward :~)
Jennifer Goodie
02:03:42
Is the phrasing that gender identity should not be a criteria of service correct?
Rachael Rose Luckey
02:03:42
Change the language of the Martinez motion to eliminate gender binary to include language that recognizes that gender is a spectrum.
Rachael Rose Luckey
02:04:00
jennifer, there is some language for you :~)
Jesse Medina
02:04:07
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-04-02/youth-department-los-angeles
Rachael Rose Luckey
02:04:53
correction: eliminate gender binary language
Jennifer Goodie
02:04:54
oky so the new department is the Youth Development Department
Rachael Rose Luckey
02:05:52
Yes Jennifer, that is the crux of my amending motion
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
02:07:48
Good point Miho!
Rachael Rose Luckey
02:09:10
correct
Glenn Bailey
02:10:04
Wording on LANCC agenda item: Discussion and possible action for the Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition (XXXXXX NeighborhoodCouncil) to support the idea of the renaming the Youth Council to the Olivia Mitchell Youth Council CF 21-0182 . The Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition (XXXXXX Neighborhood Council) is opposed to havingthe Department of Neighborhood Empowerment to be responsible for the Youth Council. The DONE does notcurrently have the bandwidth, staffing, or funding to take on another project because of budget and staffingcuts. The DONE cannot currently provide the support to the Neighborhood Council System it is mandated byCity Charter to do. The Youth Council has always been under the guidance of the Mayor’s Office, whichprovided staffing support and funding. If the City Council wants to have a Youth Council of their own, thenthe City Council should provide their own funding and staffing to support their own Youth Council.
Miho Murai, HCNNC
02:10:07
Can you please post the motions on the share screen function?
Tony Butka
02:11:06
To move this forward, I would suggest that the motion(s) be continued to the next LANCC meeting (My hands up icon doesn't seem to be active)
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
02:11:41
Unless Lauren from EPNC is present I am voting for EPNC because RVNC & HCNNC both have primary members here to vote...
Miho Murai, HCNNC
02:13:58
Thank you, Glenn, for the clarification. I was wondering what the Martinez motion was. For those that have a learning disability, such as I, it would be helpful to see the motion in WRITING on the SHARE SCREEN function and not just use the chat function.
Rachael Rose Luckey
02:14:01
Change the language of the Martinez motion to eliminate gender binary to include language that recognizes that gender is a spectrum.
Rachael Rose Luckey
02:14:18
Change the language of the Rodreguiez motion to eliminate gender binary to include language that recognizes that gender is a spectrum.
Ellie P.
02:22:26
David Rockello is not a current Board member of EPNC.
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
02:22:26
It is also under "more"
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
02:23:21
I am the official Alternate from EPNC
Terrence Gomes
02:23:28
3. Discussion and possible action for the Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition (XXXXXX Neighborhood Council) to support the idea of the renaming the Youth Council to the Olivia Mitchell Youth Council CF 21-0182 . The Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition (XXXXXX Neighborhood Council) is opposed to having the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment to be responsible for the Youth Council. The DONE does not currently have the bandwidth, staffing, or funding to take on another project because of budget and staffing cuts. The DONE cannot currently provide the support to the Neighborhood Council System it is mandated by City Charter to do. The Youth Council has always been under the guidance of the Mayor’s Office, which provided staffing support and funding. If the City Council wants to have a Youth Council of their own, then the City Council should provide their own funding and staffing to support their own Youth Council or a separate city department for the Youth Council and to sufficiently fund such a
Terrence Gomes
02:24:24
The Youth Council has always been under the guidance of the Mayor’s Office, which provided staffing support and funding. If the City Council wants to have a Youth Council of their own, then the City Council should provide their own funding and staffing to support their own Youth Council or a separate city department for the Youth Council and to sufficiently fund such a department. The Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition (XXXXXX Neighborhood Council) demands that the City Council to eliminate gender binary language to include language that recognizes that gender is a spectrum.
Ellie P.
02:25:26
David Rockello is not a current Board member of EPNC and has no authority to vote representing EPNC in an official capacity.
Julien Antelin
02:29:12
https://lahub.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/a0531c554ea44241adb4eee0c5275bcahttps://empowerla.org/department/
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
02:29:17
I have been the Alternate for EPNC for many years & don't understand why Ellie P is making hay out of nothing... you do not have to be a current board member to vote in this forum you just have to be selected the Alternate
Julien Antelin
02:29:58
http://tiny.cc/UnhousedVoterGuide
Glenn Bailey
02:30:06
Here is the link to the new NC Board Seating Policy effective April 1, 2021: https://empowerla.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Neighborhood-Council-Board-Seating-Policy-April-2021.pdf
Jennifer Goodie
02:31:28
I'm still so confused on what problem the new policy was trying to solve
Danielle Davis
02:31:48
David R. When will you be presenting your report on the vote to EPNC?
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
02:32:44
@ the next meeting if time permits as usual...
Julien Antelin
02:33:24
No PLace For Hate:https://civilandhumanrights.lacity.org/get-involved/highlights/no-place-hate
Danielle Davis
02:33:41
Which meeting? BOG?
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
02:34:17
Yes!
Danielle Davis
02:34:23
David R. You should contact the chair re: your status
sharon brewer
02:35:02
How is the grievance panel meeting notification sent out to the public, NC's etc.? Do you have to sign-up--like ENS?
Glenn Bailey
02:35:23
Here is one of the anti-hate City Council motions: Council File 21-0002-S61 referred To Rules, Elections, and Intergovernmental Relations CommitteeChief Legislative Analyst report, dated March 15, 2021, relative to Resolution (Lee – O’Farrell – Martinez - et al.) to include in the City's 2021-22 State and Federal Legislative Program, its position on legislation and/or administrative action that establishes programs and provides funding to combat any form of hate crimes, discrimination, harassment, and violence against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
Jennifer Goodie (MINC)
02:39:17
Aren't panelist regional?
Glenn Bailey
02:40:28
Yes Julien explained
Glenn Bailey
02:41:49
There is a provision for at least one Alternate for each Grievance Panel
Jennifer Goodie (MINC)
02:42:13
So why would someone from HCNNC be serving on the Mar Vista panel even as an alternate? That seems like an inappropriate request.
Jennifer Goodie (MINC)
02:42:30
aren't they a different region?
Miho Murai, HCNNC
02:44:51
I am not saying we (HCNNC) should be a panelist for Mar Vista per se, I was just concerned that there appeared to be a lack of panelists and I am wondering how DONE identifies who would be interested in being a panelists to hear a grievance
Terrence Gomes
02:45:18
Right off the front page. https://empowerla.org/grievance/
Jennifer Goodie (MINC)
02:46:06
The NCs were also all requested to appoint someone
Danielle Davis
02:46:14
Glenn, I couldn’t agree MORE!!!
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
02:47:39
If someone has a stake in a different NC Multiple NC's & has been selected & a letter from the NC has been delivered to LANCC properly than that person is the Alternate till the new letter to LANCC has been delivered Lauren is not present today... making me the voting Alternate till the Chair has made the correction
Terrence Gomes
02:48:27
Appointment to a Regional Grievance PanelEach Neighborhood Council may appoint one board member or stakeholder to serve on a pool of panelists eligible to sit on a Regional Grievance Panel. The Term of each panelist shall commence when the Neighborhood Council notifies the Department of the appointment and shall be valid until such time as the Neighborhood Council names a replacement. The Department, in its sole discretion, may reject or remove any panelist appointed by the Neighborhood Council and request the neighborhood Council to appoint a replacement panelist.
Miho Murai, HCNNC
02:52:03
Glenn, did you just state that the Sunland regional panel has been rescheduled to Monday? I don't see it listed it on the Empower calendar
Cindy Cleghorn
02:52:30
Yes, Sunland-Tujunga is Monday, 6 PM
Miho Murai, HCNNC
02:53:30
Monday, April 5 @ Cindy?
Cindy Cleghorn
02:54:00
Yes.
Miho Murai, HCNNC
02:54:41
Thanks, Cindy
Terrence Gomes
02:54:55
Regional Grievance PanelSpecial HearingAgendaMonday, April 5th, 20216:00pmhttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/87529982340Telephone (669) 900-6833Meeting ID: 875 2998 2340
Miho Murai, HCNNC
02:55:58
@ Julian, the rescheduled Regional Grievance is NOT listed on the Empower Calendar and the agenda is NOT listed on https://empowerla.org/grievance/
Glenn Bailey
02:57:46
As Julien stated, the goal is to have all members of the Regional Grievance Panel from that Region. However, he also said if there were insufficient panelist(s), DONE would name someone from a nearby Region.
Miho Murai, HCNNC
02:59:23
@Glenn, can you please include the link as to which NCs are a part of which region? Thanks!
Terrence Gomes
03:03:22
https://empowerla.org/councils-by-service-region/
Kay Hartman - Palms NC
03:03:50
Our bylaws are irrelevant anyway. I refuse to work on or vote on our bylaws. They belong to DONE and not to us.
Jennifer Goodie (MINC)
03:04:13
Bravo!
Heather S. Michaels
03:05:36
are people campaigning here????
Glenn Bailey
03:06:05
The Regional Grievance panels are organized by the seven BONC Areas, not the 12 DONE Service Regions. Here is that link listing the corresponding NCs: https://empowerla.org/councils-by-commission-area/
sharon brewer
03:06:43
Seems like it. Should not be allowed.
Heather S. Michaels
03:07:15
Sherry, that was not the appropriate place. Geeeeeze smh
Miho Murai, HCNNC
03:07:27
Mar Vista Regional Grievance Panelists were from Lake Balboa NC, North Area Neighborhood Development Council, and Eagle Rock NC. None of them from the same region as Mar Vista NC
Jack Humphreville
03:07:28
The issue is whether you trust DONE and its GM.
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
03:09:20
The mandate is wrong! The previous policy had nothing wrong with it... New boards need to be seated as soon a possible... waiting for a uniform date to enroll all NC's is an invitation to lame duck shananagens! Let's keep things straight & transparent & let the boards be empowered not only Pilipinos this year but all years to come!
Cindy Cleghorn
03:09:54
Our STNC bylaws were created by our community at the time. The revisions that have come through were reviewed through a group of NCs (Bob Gelfand was very active in this) that modified the structure / order of the Bylaws. The Censure added went through BONC at meetings that took months. Nothing flies through like a rocket ship.
Conrad Starr GWNC
03:10:10
2021 Congress of Neighborhoods Planning Committee MeetingSaturday, April 10, 2021 - 1:00 PM to 3:00 PMZoom Meeting Link:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82102039514Meeting ID: 821 0203 9514
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
03:10:33
previous years... spell check... sorry!
Cindy Cleghorn
03:10:47
Sorry Conrad — Congress Planning meeting is today at 1:30. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86758350224Meeting ID: 867 5835 0224Passcode: 536574
Glenn Bailey
03:10:53
Encino NC wants to seat its new Board at its June meeting but neither the 2019 Policy nor the new Policy would allow that.....under the Policy, seating would need to be at its May meeting OR on July 1, even though the June regular meeting is only eight days earlier than July 1
Cindy Cleghorn
03:11:17
1:30 PM WelcomeReview TimelineReview Program Outline IdeasInput Form Link:https://us3.list-manage.com/survey?u=8708c6bd1056f8ccdd08317aa&id=df6999a7f5&attribution=falseTheme IdeasCongress Programming Meetings are held each Friday at 4 p.m. hosted by Tony Wilkinson.Next Congress Planning Committee Meeting May 1, 2021 @ 1:30 p.m.ADJOURN by 3:00 p.m.SAVE THE DATE: September 25, 2021
Lou Caravella, Central San Pedro
03:12:36
If DONE and BONC can override Bylaws, there is no reason for any Board to have Bylaws. The concern is that what’s coming next is that BONC will write universal Bylaws for all the NCs. The Bylaws will be made for each NC and you fill in the form with [YOUR NC NAME].
Cindy Cleghorn
03:12:39
Today’s agenda 2021 Congress Planning MeetingSaturday, April 3, 2021 Time: 1:30 p.m.
Rachael Rose Luckey (RVNC)
03:12:53
@Cindy: What about the the Congress of Neighborhoods meeting on the 10th?
Cindy Cleghorn
03:13:14
@Rachael — That is not the NC Congress Planning Committee’s meeting.
Conrad Starr
03:13:26
Sorry, got the date wrong! Lol
Cindy Cleghorn
03:13:27
It is a DONE forced meeting
Glenn Bailey
03:13:32
The deadline to submit NPG and other payment requests is JUNE 1st.
Cindy Cleghorn
03:13:40
Thank you Conrad — hope to see you on our meeting today.
Rachael Rose Luckey (RVNC)
03:14:40
@Cidy: but it to does have to do with the Congress and it is quite telling you did not mention it…
Rachael Rose Luckey (RVNC)
03:15:01
Agenda2021 Congress of Neighborhoods Planning Committee MeetingSaturday, April 10, 20211:00 PM to 3:00 PMZoom Meeting Linkhttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/82102039514Meeting ID821 0203 9514(This meeting is facilitated and moderated by the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment)1. Welcome2. Approval of the Agenda3. Review of the Organizational Guidelines voted on 1/2/2021 4. Review of the Draft Election Procedures5. Election of Officers6. Discussion to proceed or not to proceed with the Congress of Neighborhoods event on September 25, 20217. Adjournment by 3:00 PM
Cindy Cleghorn
03:15:20
@Julien — re: Grievance question — (sorry—we’re taking NC election Vote Registrations today and its a busy place! — my question has to do with assistance when filing a grievance. Does DONE help the Grievant AND the NC equally ?
Rachael Rose Luckey (RVNC)
03:15:57
That was copied straight from the agenda with DONE’s logo on it…it says “2021 Congress of Neighborhoods Planning Committee Meeting”
Cindy Cleghorn
03:16:24
@Rachael — this topic with Julien is still going on. Congress topic is next. BUT….the April 10 meeting is not an NC Congress Planning Committee meeting. I did not create that agenda….That is a FORCED agenda by DONE.
Glenn Bailey
03:16:36
ALL: This is great dialogue but we have a hard stop at 1:25 p.m. this afternoon
Rachael Rose Luckey (RVNC)
03:17:16
It was forced because you refuse to hold free and fair officer elections Cindy
Cindy Cleghorn
03:17:37
@ Rachael — Not true…thank you for your opinion.
Rachael Rose Luckey (RVNC)
03:18:05
Totally true…stop gaslighting
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
03:18:59
That is the problema with the new searing in concept... the old boards are then interfering with how the new board moneys are going to be spent! Empower the new boards imedatley so they can move forward with the voters agenda & not the old board's control...
Lou Caravella, Central San Pedro
03:19:07
BONC and DONE nullification of Bylaws is the symptom of three bigger problems: 1. Disrespect for NCs and their wishes; 2. Meddling/micromanagement; and 3. and a top-down, authoritarian approach to governance rather than respect for democracy.
Glenn Bailey
03:19:29
@Kathryn: June 1st is a NC SUBMITTAL deadline to City Clerk's NC Funding Program -- it does not matter how long they take to process after then
Rachael Rose Luckey (RVNC)
03:19:52
Well said Lou!!!
Cindy Cleghorn
03:19:53
2021 Congress Planning MeetingSaturday, April 3, 2021 Time: 1:30 p.m.This meeting will focus on planning the 2021 Congress of Neighborhoods for the99 Neighborhood Councils of the City of Los Angeles.We volunteer to plan this event that will be held on Saturday, September 25, 2021Topic: Congress of Neighborhoods Planning CommitteeTime: April 3, 2021 01:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)Join Zoom Meetinghttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/86758350224Meeting ID: 867 5835 0224Passcode: 536574MEETING AGENDA1:30 PM WelcomeReview TimelineReview Program Outline IdeasInput Form Link:https://us3.list-manage.com/survey?u=8708c6bd1056f8ccdd08317aa&id=df6999a7f5&attribution=falseTheme IdeasCongress Programming Meetings are held each Friday at 4 p.m. hosted by Tony Wilkinson.ADJOURN by 3:00 p.m.SAVE THE DATE: September 25, 2021
Conrad Starr
03:20:38
I support!
Conrad Starr
03:21:13
Lets put on next month’s meeting.
Kay Hartman - Palms NC
03:24:26
April 10. Free and fair elections for Congress of Neighborhood officers. 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Zoom Meeting Link:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82102039514Meeting ID: 821 0203 9514
Cindy Cleghorn
03:25:03
2021 Congress Planning MeetingSaturday, April 3, 2021 Time: 1:30 p.m.This meeting will focus on planning the 2021 Congress of Neighborhoods for the99 Neighborhood Councils of the City of Los Angeles.We volunteer to plan this event that will be held on Saturday, September 25, 2021Topic: Congress of Neighborhoods Planning CommitteeTime: April 3, 2021 01:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)Join Zoom Meetinghttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/86758350224Meeting ID: 867 5835 0224Passcode: 536574MEETING AGENDA1:30 PM WelcomeReview TimelineReview Program Outline IdeasInput Form Link:https://us3.list-manage.com/survey?u=8708c6bd1056f8ccdd08317aa&id=df6999a7f5&attribution=falseTheme IdeasCongress Programming Meetings are held each Friday at 4 p.m. hosted by Tony Wilkinson.ADJOURN by 3:00 p.m.SAVE THE DATE: September 25, 2021
Kathryn Wheeler
03:26:19
Have to leave now; thank you to everyone. Hope the meeting doesn’t run too long. Have a great weekend! Best, Kathryn
Glenn Bailey
03:26:40
SAVE THE DATE: NC Budget Day Saturday, August 21 www.BudgetAdvocates.org
Velinda&DavidRockelloAlt4:RVNC,EPNC,HCNNC
03:27:07
Thanks to all that are participating this is a well run meeting & I hope to see more next time as this can only get better & better with full participation & respect for all that attend!
Glenn Bailey
03:28:35
Just for the record, BONC Commissioner Len Shaffer was in attendance earlier today. The next B
Rachael Rose Luckey (RVNC)
03:29:04
Agenda2021 Congress of Neighborhoods Planning Committee MeetingSaturday, April 10, 20211:00 PM to 3:00 PMZoom Meeting Linkhttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/82102039514Meeting ID821 0203 9514(This meeting is facilitated and moderated by the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment)1. Welcome2. Approval of the Agenda3. Review of the Organizational Guidelines voted on 1/2/2021 4. Review of the Draft Election Procedures5. Election of Officers6. Discussion to proceed or not to proceed with the Congress of Neighborhoods event on September 25, 20217. Adjournment by 3:00 PM
Glenn Bailey
03:29:08
The next BONC meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 6 at 6pm. Agenda is on the EmpowerLA webpage
Heather S. Michaels
03:29:12
Rachael, can you post the Department hosted meeting information again for the 10th? My computer chat shut down. THANKS!!
Kay Hartman - Palms NC
03:29:49
Zoom Meeting Link:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82102039514Meeting ID: 821 0203 9514
Kay Hartman - Palms NC
03:29:54
Zoom Meeting Link:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82102039514Meeting ID: 821 0203 9514
Glenn Bailey
03:30:50
Just checked: BONC agenda NOT on EmpowerLA webpage yet but it has been sent out by ENS.
Cindy Cleghorn
03:33:41
Be careful what you wish for folks!
Glenn Bailey
03:36:31
Reminder PlanCheckNC meeting next Saturday 10am. Zoom info on website