Zoom Logo

VET Conference - Shared screen with speaker view
Ivan Annibal
22:22
Please do use the chat to make sure your voice is heard!!!
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
26:50
Would rather see people on the conference than the slides from the powerpoint ?
Ivan Annibal
29:03
I will stop the share between speakers
Rev Dr Val Ogden
33:24
What does ICS mean? Thank you
chris.wheway
33:45
integrated Care system
Rev Dr Val Ogden
34:43
Thank you
Richard’s iPad
42:28
QUESTIONS THROUGH THE CHAT ROOM PLEASE, so that we can manage the process effectively.
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
43:48
Getting information out into the community via Facebook has proved important with Covid-19 response to local situations. Perhaps VET could have a page ?
chris.wheway
44:15
that's great advice Rebecca
Rev Dr Val Ogden
49:13
'Making every day count' is a great soundbite and aspiration
Ivan Annibal
50:12
Please do start pinging across questions and views for the Q&A
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
52:19
Don't think it's just about joined up it's about knowing what others are doing so that things are not duplicated. The local dementia in Sleaford, Stamford, Bourne, Deeping and Grantham and working together to enable each other.
Ian Brannon
55:14
How will VET approach the problem of voluntary groups or organisations understanding each others capabilities, and from that each others needs? I represent RE:ACT a nationwide organisation who can mobilise military veterans to help overcome crisis. We can support other charities but only if they know what we can do, and if we know what they need.
Sarah Grundy
55:25
Does VET include charities and groups from the arts, heritage and nature sectors? They have a great deal to offer the ICS and people's health and wellbeing and are keen to work with health, care and community sectors.
Richard’s iPad
56:32
Thank you for the questions. Ivan will group these so we try to cover everything participants raise.
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
56:49
Connect to Support is a great way of getting information out for Ian and Sarah.
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
57:29
https://lincolnshire.connecttosupport.org/
Sue Fortune
57:37
Could you please provide a link to the VET website please?
LCVS
59:14
VCSEP has established sub-regional Liaison Leads to enable requests for support to be channelled to the VCSEP, and to act as local intermediary with the Lincolnshire Resilience Forum. David Fannin has stepped into the role of Liaison Lead for Lincolnshire.
LCVS
59:43
If anyone is struggling to get help and support with supplies or logistics during resilience and recovery phase of COVID-19, please contact David Fannin at davidfannin@lincolnshirecvs.org.uk to discuss how we can best make use of the VCSEP support on offer.
User
01:03:06
Involving Lincs are embarking on a piece of work as a result of some recent workshops with the Resilience and Recovery cell. The principle being to coordinate and ensure there is some joining up and access to resources and information and ensuring we can join the dots a bit ….
Michele Jolly
01:03:16
https://lincsvoluntarysectorportal.org.uk/
chris.wheway
01:03:24
happy to come in on this
Rev Dr Val Ogden
01:04:29
CCG?
Emma
01:04:48
Clinical Commissioning Group
Rev Dr Val Ogden
01:04:55
Thank you
Sue Fortune
01:05:49
Will the work VET plans to do dovetail with Involving Lincs to try to avoid duplication?
Lisa LCVS Social Prescribing
01:05:54
Alt A is a quick way to mute/unmute
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
01:06:48
Reminder jargon still occurring !!
Kathryn Laverack - LCVS
01:07:07
Alford Hub have developed a brilliant model for everyone working together locally. It would be good to ask Lynnette Pryke about how they did it. She is on the conference.
Ivan Annibal
01:07:26
For Sue F - VET and Involving Lincs are in a good ongoing dialogue so yes indeed
Sue Fortune
01:07:50
Thank you Ivan - great to hear
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
01:07:51
Better Lives Lincolnshire doesn't really say what it is !
User
01:08:18
Absolutely they need to
Kelly Waldie
01:10:46
Sounds great Sarah
Lynnette Pryke -Alford Hub
01:11:43
I set up Alford Hub back in March. I coordinate 90 volunteers with a further 30 on reserve. We have the following teams: Logistics - Prescription delivery. Practical Support teams: Gardening, maintenance etc. Befriending Teams: Telephone, Face to face, Daily Check in Calls, Respite Care, Sitting Service. Hospital Transfer and discharge team: Home safe assessment, Basic needs package, P
John Waters
01:11:59
While were talking about joint working across the sector and with public service. Can I mention the County Council has a large range of day service buildings across the county that we are keen to open out for community use. As a service we are also working hard to support people who use our service to contribute to their local communities .
Sue Fortune
01:12:38
Do you think the longer term strategy will include investing in infrastructure support for the voluntary sector?
kate.stevens
01:14:47
I support John Waters in this message. I work at Stamford Day Centre and I am enthusiastic in using the building to better support the local community in different ways. And I am happy to discuss further with any one interested.
Michele Jolly
01:15:07
I think the great things we are hearing about here are what VET is about and also the Connect To Support Lincolnshire (CTSL) website - will only get richer for this type of content
Rev Dr Val Ogden
01:15:33
I would be fascinated by and learn so much from another VET gathering which had as its aim that each organisation represented by a face in a screen explained, presented and enthused about their work and service for 5 mins or so - a bit like Lynnette is kindly doing now. So enlightening. It's not the same looking at a website... Would anyone else like that sort of forum?
Sue Fortune
01:16:45
The Community Foundation responded to the need to support the recruitment and retention of volunteers and distributed over £50K to help those smaller grassroots groups
Emma
01:17:54
I also think a showcase of each partners work would be a very useful forum Rev Val!
Kelly Waldie
01:18:28
I agree Emma, a virtual showcase event would be wondeful
Glen Garrod
01:18:50
Well done Lynnette - yours is a great example of being able to join up the dots for a local community that brings together potential sources of support
John Waters
01:19:41
here's a link to an interesting vinyette on community contribution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYjSQZWmPs&feature=youtu.be
Nicky Linn
01:22:19
I agree, it would be interesting to hear from everyone else what their organisation does. Am I the only one who works with offenders please?
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
01:22:21
It would be good to know who has been involved and what organisations they represent if that would be possible.
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
01:23:00
VCS EP ?
Centenary, Boston - Val
01:25:08
VCSEP - Very Clever Spiders Endangered in Peterborough?
Lynsey Collinson
01:25:37
Hi Nicky, we run a coaching and mentoring programme for ex-offenders with a view of reducing offending. We're based in Lincoln.
David Fannin LCVS
01:25:37
Voluntary & Community Sector Emergencies Partnership (VCSEP)
Ivan Annibal
01:26:59
Virtual showcase is a key theme we will pick up on - really like the idea!
Michele Jolly
01:27:08
As a fledgling CIC VET is developing and all of this rich input and suggestions will help shape it going forward
David Gaskell
01:27:10
Hello - David [ Healthwatch Board ]. Clarification about whether local communities and Voluntary or Charitable groups in Lincolnshire have effectively embraced and taken advantage of the opportunities afforded by the Localism Act 2011 ? It may be worth revisiting the certain aspects of the legislation in Neighbourhoods and local Hubs as the Third Sector moves forward again as part of VET and ICS. The Local Voluntary Forums in Lincoln, Boston , South and West Lindsey are also significant and post-Covid , these may continue to be digitally delivered as part of the engagement for the Health and Care Sector. Also worth reading the Kings Fund on ICS.
Sue Fortune
01:27:13
Is there an opportunity to set up a platform for the many many groups across the county to engage directly to share best practice, support each other etc. A big ask, but something worth thinking about…
Lynnette Pryke -Alford Hub
01:27:37
to see what Alford Hub is doing on facebook. go to www.facebook.com/groups/alfordhubemail: Lynnette.pryke@alfordhub.co.uk tel. main hub 07957 272 852 my private number is 07950306828
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
01:27:54
Facebook group or page ?
Dianne Slapp
01:28:43
Thanks for mentioning the forums that VCS & LCVS run. These continue online and are very popular. The Lincoln one is tomorrow & fully booked. We are also running Coffee & chat sessions for emerging groups, or those who need a bit of extra support through Covid.
Lynnette Pryke -Alford Hub
01:29:01
facebook group I have worked with facebook to design a better system back in March so that info could be found again rather than lost on threads and also so you can virtual intergrated sessions
Andrew Dickenson
01:35:21
Morning Ivan - apologies for joining late. Usual Monday am work dramas!
Kris
01:39:10
How the "other half" live!
Centenary, Boston - Val
01:40:21
Crumpets all round I say!
Dianne Slapp
01:41:45
My bagel's on its way!
Sam - Carers First
01:42:32
I enjoyed a jammie wagon wheel
juliebro
01:55:17
Morning, we have done work with Visit Lincoln to develop a brand called Be Lincolnshire to support our attraction strategy and they have great links across Lincolnshire with all organisations/businesses - you may wish to consider this. In terms of equality and diversity can I suggest you also consider inclusivity. Many thanks
Ivan Annibal
02:08:23
Comments - Ivan.Annibal@roseregeneration.co.uk or to the portal https://lincsvoluntarysectorportal.org.uk/
David Fannin LCVS
02:09:01
Social prescribing and community-based support enables health services and local agencies to refer people to a link worker who gives people time and focuses on what matters to the person. The NHS Long Term Plan commits to significantly expand the number of social prescribing link workers in primary care. Lincolnshire CCG and Primary Care Networks are doing this through joint working with infrastructure orgs LCVS/VCS.
Helen Sismore Guide Dogs
02:12:22
Hi Sarah and Ivan its Helen Sismore from Guide Dogs. I would be interested in talking separately with you about how this plan can include people with sight loss, ensuring people with sight loss attend eye clinic appointments but also understand relevant signposting and services available to them and their family members.
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
02:13:10
Helen are you aware of South Lincs Blind Society based in Grantham ?
Ivan Annibal
02:13:13
Very happy to do this Helen - lets fix up a slot to chat
Helen Sismore Guide Dogs
02:14:50
Yes thanks Rebecca I am aware of South Lincs and have worked with them previously on our various different services to increase independence and improve mobility (not just by using a dog)
David Fannin LCVS
02:15:14
Social prescribing work is levering in and joining up funding and getting this to many small groups and local charities.
Helen Sismore Guide Dogs
02:16:37
I can also agree with Social prescribing - are any of you members of the social prescribing digital platform - very useful in receiving information and for sharing information. It also helps when working directly with Link Workers as they are key to this.
Vicky Thomson
02:20:15
Just to say it has been an absolute pleasure to work with Liz Hopkins over recent months.
chris.wheway
02:20:42
we have some amazing people in our sector don't we
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
02:21:13
Can we have the full page ?
Karen
02:21:30
so much to celebrate , so much amazing work across Lincolnshire...
kate.stevens
02:21:42
message to Liz Hopkins. I am looking to help support homeless people in Stamford area with regarding the use of a hygiene suite facility . I would be grateful for your help in setting this up. Thank you Kate Stevens 01522843020
Rich Lincs Digital
02:23:20
Hello all. We are a small charity supporting people to use online services. We usually work around East Lindsey at Community venues. We are now working County wide with phone, email and video calling. Currently supporting individuals either 1:1 or in small groups. We are also supporting many local groups to connect via zoom. We also have a selection of How to Guides available online: www.lincsdigital.org.uk
Liz Hopkins
02:23:26
I'll give you a ring Kate
kate.stevens
02:24:51
Thanks Liz
Steve Emergency Planning Unit
02:24:52
William I'll contact you outside of this meeting to discuss how we maybe able to support each other on GNS steve.harris@lincoln.fire-uk.org
Centenary, Boston - Val
02:29:03
Centenary, like other Churches, has a 'community roll' of people - at all places on the faith spectrum or none - who are glad to associate with the Church and its events, feel part of the 'Church family' in its widest sense, and to whom we try to be 'good neighbours' and offer pastoral care and support. I've often wondered about the link up between a 'Good Neighbours' scheme and a 'Church Community Roll'. Practically we are supporting folk in very similar ways. Worth a discussion, William and others?
Kerry Stafford
02:29:16
William has been invaluable in helping me set up the good neighbours scheme in Hogsthorpe. The volunteer group was thrown together hastily just prior to lockdown. William's support has meant the group can now turn into a permanent scheme for the village to help support our community with services and social activities
Dianne Slapp
02:30:27
We're excited to see some GNS groups setting up in Lincoln - really important just now.
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
02:31:19
GNS schemes don't always have to be geographical - they could be themed as in dementia support - people who understand.
Centenary, Boston - Val
02:32:05
Have Good Neighbour Schemes helped support and friendship to blossom across language and ethnic divides across Lincolnshire do you think?
Ann Lincs Digital
02:32:42
William has worked with us at Lincs Digital to make sure any group that needs digital support can receive that from ourselves. We have been proud to support some of the schemes with devices to enable their service to move digitally.
William Gray
02:33:30
william.gray@lincsymca.co.uk
William Gray
02:34:11
gns@lincsymca.co.uk
Richard’s iPad
02:38:32
Thanks to Sarah, Elizabeth, William and Father Jonathan for your contributions. Questions please for the Q and A after Bev Finnegan’s presentation.
Bev
02:39:26
i won’t take 15 mins so will be able to catch up with time a little :)
Sue Fortune
02:39:54
Apologies, but I need to move to another Zoom meeting with out national body at 12:30pm. It was great to see so many fantastic groups taking part in the conference today. We wish VET all the best and are happy to support the development of a strategy in any way we can. Regards. Sue
Bev
02:40:14
Ivan, are you able to confirm receipt of my presentation?
Ivan Annibal
02:41:05
Yes its ready to go when you come on
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
02:43:17
Please contact me should any groups like a Dementia Friends session via sleafordds@gmail.com thanks Rebecca
Karen
02:51:17
have we lost Bev
Danielle Budworth - Lincs Co-op
02:51:39
Hello, this has been a really interesting conference so far and it's great to see so many people/organisations in the third sector wanting to work better to make local communities thrive and provide support to those in need.At the Lincolnshire Co-op we work very closely with local community groups and charities to make lives better in the areas we trade in. We have a full Community Team who have been working hard especially since COVID to be reactive and help and support local groups for example when COVID lockdown took place we worked with the Lincolnshire Resilience Forum to identify those groups and give the volunteers passes which meant they could work closely with our food branches to try and make sure they could deliver shopping to the most needed. We then worked with William and the other colleagues from Community Lincs who run Good Neighbour Schemes to sign post the smaller groups that we knew of to them so that they could carrying on supporting them.
Steve Emergency Planning Unit
02:52:00
for more information on joining LRF MOU please email Laura.edlington@lincoln.fire-uk.org
David Fannin LCVS
02:52:27
Social Issues in South Lincs is one of many vital and foundational assets which allow local people to organise, gain confidence and contribute to resilience planning in their local area. The recent VET support has resulted in supply of 3,000 face masks for local groups such as the East Elloe Good Neighbour Scheme and Long Sutton Food Larder. We've helped the Food Larder secure £2,500 and also £1,000 for the network's ongoing operation. We will be helping them develop a long-term action plan. LCVS is supporting the network event 25 November with our Zoom facility.
Danielle Budworth - Lincs Co-op
02:52:51
I was wondering whether the VET programme would be something we might be able to work with to help by signposting local community groups and charities to our community programmes such as Health Walks, Community Cuppa’s, Health Pods and funding though our Community Champions scheme. This might be just letting charities and groups know what we are doing in the local community i.e. if someone needed help from a local community group and they said were lonely and wanted to meet new people, that group could then signpost that person to one of our health walks in the local area. Might be something to have a catch up after this conference but it would be great to see if we can help in anyway. I think now it’s even more important that we work together to make sure we are doing the best for the people in Lincolnshire and it’s inspiring just hearing the work that has been happening already.
Steve Emergency Planning Unit
02:52:51
if your group would like to start to develop a community based emergency plan please email steve.harris@lincoln.fire-uk.org
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
03:00:41
I believe that we need to have a ongoing conversation rather than mapping again as people will come and go from the table. Such as a Facebook group would work well - appeals for help etc.
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
03:03:25
Already in contact with Jac Sutherland from Coop
Stacey Gillott
03:05:13
Lincs Shine is a good source of information for support groups across the county
Sam - Carers First
03:06:19
Carers first offer befriending telephone service for registered carers and also peer support groups. Volunteers are always needed to help deliver these services. My contact email is samantha.marshall@carersfirst.org.uk if you want to link in and see how we can support our communities together.
Lynnette Pryke -Alford Hub
03:06:52
Can someone ensure that the LCC, wellbeing, Connected and all referral websites are kept up to date with the local community group contact details. Alford Hub is still not showing despite it being one of the first. I know Steve Harris has been trying to sort this but we all need to be able to access the info as we signpost to groups in other areas. We support people isolating who were supporting family members in other areas and so we constantly signpost on. This is going to be very important over winter and with potential local lockdowns.
kinghsley taylor
03:08:57
Ann agreed we have found at Citizens Advice that the Digital lack of skills and knowledge is a key barrier for clients in helping them to access help and support , we have maintained our 24 hour Digital and our 1000 to 1600 Monday to Friday Telephone and email help line (2198 issues resolved in the last 12 weeks )
Lisa LCVS Social Prescribing
03:10:34
As part of the social prescribing offer LCVS are working to establish local information hubs in East Lindsey, the next step is to Network these. The hope is that these will offer a hyper local solution where Connect to Support pick up the larger organisations/offers. Once evaluated we hope this model can be used in other areas of the county.
Centenary, Boston - Val
03:11:13
Does the Good Neighbours Scheme have anything to do with 'Linking Lives'?
Steve Emergency Planning Unit
03:11:24
From the LRF point of view having an uderstanding of where all these groups is really important as this enables us to ensure the right emergency resource gets to the right person as quickly as possible. so my ask is if you ave a lost of groups and their location please let me know and I will map them
Steve Emergency Planning Unit
03:13:04
sorry my spelling!!! have a list
Kathryn Laverack - LCVS
03:14:02
The aim of the local information points mentioned by Lisa is to make them community assets that communities maintain so it is not a snap shot of what is available but a sustainable networks of information.
Ivan Annibal
03:14:14
We have lots of references to using buildings to engage - COOP are a good example as are faith organisations - really interested to explore this further
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
03:17:17
Think we need a VET Facebook group from the people on this conference please ?
Tracey Magna Vitae
03:18:22
Hello all, I am listening in for Magna Vitae. We are busy keeping projects running, including Still Me and the TED projects, looking at how we can resume some face to face work as well as supporting people while we can't run our regular groups. For any more information my email is tracey.wilkinson@mvtlc.org.
Ivan Annibal
03:18:33
Yes we will look to make sure it is set up
HWLincs Healthwatch
03:19:02
VCS strategy needs to include methods of how we can capturing/include all VCS voices. It would be good to hear from you all with ideas on how this can happen.
Lynnette Pryke -Alford Hub
03:19:33
I run a closed facebook for group leaders which supports coordinators. if anyone wants to join please contact me at Lynnette.pryke@alfordhub.co.uk
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
03:19:48
https://lincolnshire.connecttosupport.org/
HWLincs Healthwatch
03:19:50
Thinking about how VET ensures governance reflects diversity will be to encourage more groups to be involved in VET and other infrastructure bodies such as Involving Lincs
CatherineL
03:20:51
Catherine here from LCHS. Really lovely to meet you all this morning. Thank you for the fantastic presentations this morning - truly amazin thin
chris.wheway
03:21:14
thanks for being here Catherine
Kathryn Laverack - LCVS
03:21:15
If anyone would like to find out more about the Community Information Points being set up in East Lindsey you can email me: kathrynlaverack@lincolnshirecvs.org.uk
HWLincs Healthwatch
03:21:22
Thoughts for the future as to how our sector will be involved this all comes down to robust communication routes going forward, using what we already have and utilising new networks and opportunities
CatherineL
03:21:28
and amazing things going on!
Lynnette Pryke -Alford Hub
03:22:38
Well done everyone, stay safe everyone...And wash your hands! Lynnette Pryke Alford Hub
Centenary, Boston - Val
03:23:59
Yes. Beauty in diversity. Also not being overwhelmed by the sheer pressure of even imagining we can ever get a handle on it all.... we can't, but we can communicate, collaborate, encourage and be blessed by one another. Thank everyone for this morning - great!
Karen
03:25:06
Thank you VET for bringing us all together … a lot of exciting opportunities to take forward. Take care everyone.
Ian Brannon
03:25:10
If anyone needs to know more about VCS EP or the veterans disaster response charity RE:ACT please do not hesitate to reach out to me at:
Bev
03:25:32
It has been great to work with VET, Involving Lincs and all the diverse groups across the county - your determination, innovation and proactivity is just great. All the best for taking this work forwards and thank you for asking me to present.
Ian Brannon
03:25:53
If anyone needs to know more about VCS EP or the veterans disaster response charity RE:ACT please do not hesitate to reach out to me at:ian.brannon@re-act.org.uk
Vicky Thomson
03:27:35
Great conference today. Well done and thank you to all involved. What's the date for the next one ;-)
William Gray
03:27:49
Thank you VET. This has been an excellent conference.
chris.wheway
03:28:27
Thank you all for making this happen, our sector rocks
William Gray
03:28:28
So much great work being carried out and support in Lincolnshire.
Ann Lincs Digital
03:28:42
Thank you for inviting us to join the VET conference, been excellent hearing what other people are doing
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
03:29:18
Community organisations are the people !
Ivan Annibal
03:29:43
Thanks to all speakers and delegates and particularly to Richard for motivating and directing the whole thing!
Bev
03:30:18
yes, thank you Richard!
Rebecca Mezzo (Sleaford Dementia Support)
03:31:25
Thank you x
Dianne Slapp
03:31:38
A great event. Thank you.
Stacey Gillott
03:31:45
Great event, very informative, well done to all concerned. Look forward to the next event
DarrenA
03:31:46
well done, thank you
John Waters
03:31:51
Thanks All
Ivan Annibal
03:31:51
Some great front rooms - we should be proud of our interior decor
Rachael.Baxter
03:31:58
Thank you to everyone involved, great to hear a whole range of interesting information.
Danielle Budworth - Lincs Co-op
03:32:02
This conference has been really interesting and very inspiring. I will get in touch with the individuals that have asked for more information but if anyone want's more information about what we are up to at Lincolnshire Co-op please email me on: danielle.budworth@lincolnshire.coop
Janet Inman
03:32:02
Thank you, a very interesting session.
kinghsley taylor
03:32:07
thank you all
Hannah Mugglestone CAP Debt Centre
03:32:08
great conference. thank you everyone.
Sarah Grundy
03:32:10
Thanks so much, so inspiring, brilliant event
Michael Morris
03:32:18
well done to the organisers and speakers on what's been a great event!
Paula Batchelor
03:32:19
Thank you
Ann Lincs Digital
03:32:21
thank you Ivan, Richard and All very well organised event
Tracey Magna Vitae
03:32:22
Thanks all, Tracey
Liz Hopkins
03:32:54
Thank you everyone
Gina Thompson
03:32:57
Thank you