Zoom Logo

The Leisure Cycling Tourism Webinar Series (1) - Shared screen with speaker view
Mark Tate - VisitCairngorms
21:56
Type your questions in here 👍
sabine
48:32
I was surprised about the low average accommodation cost...£33/ per night?
Mark Tate - VisitCairngorms
54:41
https://www.visitscotland.org/supporting-your-business/advice/industry-relationship-manager
Mark Tate - VisitCairngorms
55:39
https://www.visitscotland.org/news/2020/how-to-update-your-visitscotland-listing
Mark Tate - VisitCairngorms
58:21
https://www.visitscotland.org/supporting-your-business/digital-skills/digital-essentials
Mark Tate - VisitCairngorms
59:02
https://goodtogo.visitbritain.com/your-business-good-to-go-scotland
The Spey
59:27
Is there plans to add public toilets on the routes, it’s amazing how many have a wee phobia about wondering where they can go, and having that information would be beneficial
Anne MacDonald
01:01:30
is it possible to copy or get copies of the pdf routes
leecraigie
01:03:00
Thanks Sabine. £33.11 average per head per person daily spend. 80% of respondants spent more than £0, but the other 20% are also accounted for in that stat, so it's dragged down a bit and is higher per customer in reality/practice
Anne MacDonald
01:03:26
is there a hashtag we can join support the campaign
sabine
01:03:40
Thanks Lee
Simon Bourquin
01:06:33
Don't we want the customers to use the business's toilets
The Spey
01:06:51
Even if on each route you had the link to the relevant local authorities toilets
imitch1
01:07:42
is there a way of developing a type of Google Streetview on the routes so folk can see exactly what the route is like
sabine
01:08:52
Looking forward to some nice routes in the Scottish Borders on the planner
Mark Tate - VisitCairngorms
01:09:28
The challenge with listing toilets is that somebody needs to own that ‘listing’ and keep it up to date. On snowroads.com (wee plug) we have got round this by having community volunteers ‘own’ the toilet listing, event then it is a challenge to keep the information up to date. Business can promote customer toilets available to promote a coffee and a pee!
Mark Shields
01:10:27
Stayed tuned, Sabine- Mike will be touching on some south-of- Scotland-specific plans very shortly!
sabine
01:10:46
Great :-)
imitch1
01:11:12
Many routes will be for multi-use, i.e long distance walkers, equestrians. Additionally hybrid-use i.e. cycle a bit, walk a bit, canoe a bit. How do you deal with these other modes?
Ali Campbell - Campbell Bike Workshop
01:11:43
There is also some potential for routes on the west side of Loch Lomond and Loch Long
sabine
01:12:09
Sounds nice!
imitch1
01:14:06
Have you assessed mobile signals along the route and considered provision to plug any missing links?
Jenny Milne
01:16:27
Some people will want to cycle and use rail, bus etc to explore. Are there plans to link these modes (and others) together. I can give an example of cyclists arriving at John O’Groats and not being able to head south (due to limitations on trains) and they managed to source a lift back to Inverness with an empty mini bus which had just dropped some cyclists off. I’ve many more examples so hence wondering. Thanks
sabine
01:18:12
Very important point - I just had a similar experience in Carrford Bridge...waited over 3 hours to get on a train and booking a bike on is often a nightmare...especially if more people in the party
Anne MacDonald
01:21:23
it would be good to think about infrastructure support for business to enable ebike charging, wet weather cover
Jason McCallum
01:22:16
In regards to promotional funding, is that for internet promotion or would it also be used at local/ regional through brochures/leaflets and digital networks.
The Spey
01:25:44
I’m sure theHighland Council have the Comfort Scheme, where they pay you a small percentage for allowing people to use your toilets, so cafes/restaurants could sign up which will help promote them to get people in and that if its still up and running would be a good way of advertising
CARRON TOBIN
01:32:41
thanks lee great first webinar - looking forward to the next one 👍🏻
Shareon
01:32:42
Thank you
Claire Hallybone
01:32:51
Thank you
Jason McCallum
01:32:54
Thank you!!