Multitenant applications allow you to manage a single database system for multiple customers.
For such a system, you can use your database in one of two ways:
• Manage separate databases per tenant
• Establish markers on the data that says this data belongs to tenant A, this data belongs to tenant B, and so on
The challenges are that you wind up with a lot of commonality when each customer wants to feel special with a different look and feel to their system.
Other challenges to multitenancy include:
• You have different data which must be kept isolated
• At the same time, you also have to handle shared data
• You have different business rules and behavior for each user
• You need to know that with all the moving parts, and be able to guarantee your customers that everything will just work
In this webinar, RavenDB CEO Oren EIni talks about the exciting features in RavenDB 5.0 that let you tackle these multitenancy challenges in your applications.
You will learn:
• How you can scale up significantly across many tenants
• How you can share data between locations
• How you can move a tenant from one database to another database