This activity aims to explain the role of medicinal cannabis in managing chronic gastrointestinal disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disorders and gastrointestinal malignancies.
Activity ID 289898
1. Describe the principles of THC and CBD interaction with the human endocannabinoid system within the gastrointestinal system
2. Summarise recognised indications for CBD and THC in chronic gastrointestinal disorders including irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease and gastrointestinal malignancies
3. Describe an evidence-based and safe approach to introducing medicinal cannabis to a patient with chronic gut disorders
4. Outline the practical steps taken by a prescriber to assess a patient with chronic gastrointestinal disorders for medicinal cannabis use, including a discussion of pros, cons, side effects and monitoring requirements
5. Explain the role of marijuana products in causing unwanted gut symptoms, and a framework for avoiding such side effects in patients with gastrointestinal disorders
The Provider of this activity is Praxhub and hosted by Cronos Australia Limited. The details provided by you will be used for the purpose of facilitating your attendance at this activity and creating your Praxhub registration to enable your access to this and other on-demand content. Login details will be emailed within 7 days of the date of this activity. If you have questions regarding the collection or use of your information, please contact email@example.com.
This meeting is one in a 4-part series on medicinal cannabis education. Each unique meeting will be delivered by a different presenter. Registrants only need to register once to receive access, and reminders, for all other meetings.