A continuous headline in the athletic community surrounds NIL. Current athletes, college athletic associations (NCAA, NAIA, NJCAA), state legislators and members of Congress have all proposed rules that would provide athletes with varying degrees of protection and financial opportunities through selling their name, image, and likeness (NIL) rights while playing in college.
Join the Athletics Healthcare Administrator Association (AHAA) for an interactive webinar addressing the latest NIL regulations and how it impacts the health and safety of athletes.
Panelists to include:
• U.S. Congressman Anthony Gonzalez
• Pat Chun, Athletic Director Washington State University
• Matthew J. Mitten, Professor of Law & Executive Director, National Sports Law Institute
• James R. Borchers, MD, MPH, USCAH President & Co-founder
This discussion will include:
• Where are the NIL laws?
• How do we address them?
• What should I consider as an institution that sponsors college athletics?
• Will the NIL laws lead to additional considerations within athletic healthcare & safety?
Who should attend?
University presidents, athletic directors, athletics healthcare administrators, athletic trainers, general counsel and higher education industry leaders, in-house counsel, board members, senior administrators, deans, and medical and compliance professionals in athletics departments.