This Ethical Finance Round Table event will take place on Tuesday 14 June 2022 and will explore developments in ESG data provision, its limitations and how asset managers are using data to inform long term investment decisions.
Our speakers will respond to some of the toughest questions facing the industry:
- Is "we need better data" becoming an excuse for inaction from the industry?
- Are ESG ratings fundamentally compromised by being at least partly based on subjective data?
- How does the backwards-looking nature of data square with the long-term, forwards-looking view that responsible asset owners should take?
- As disclosures become more widespread and data improves, is there pressure to avoid sectors or regions with poorer disclosures, even if they might deliver genuine impact?
Confirmed speakers are:
- Mr Graham Burnside, Co-Founder and Senior Advisor, GEFI (moderator)
- Dr Richard Mattison, President of S&P Global Sustainable1 and CEO of S&P Global Trucost.
- Mr Hetal Patel, Head of Climate Investment Risk, Phoenix Group
- Ms Kate McGrath, ESG Analyst - Fixed Income, abdrn