Europe’s residential sector continues to grow at a very rapid rate, especially since the Covid-19 pandemic, due to strong market fundamentals and stable income returns. Across the continent, investors are increasing their exposure to the asset class to spread risk across their real estate portfolios. Join Julie Cruz, React News Europe editor, and a panel of industry experts as we look at how the sector has moved from alternative to core and why it is perceived as a safe haven by institutional investors.
The discussion will cover:
• What are the long-term trends driving the market?
• What are the markets most at risk of a housing bubble?
• Which markets are becoming more institutionalised?
• What returns can investors expect from European housing strategies?
• Is the regulatory environment favourable to investments?
• What do income returns look like vs capital growth?
• Can we expect big M&A deals?
• How will forward funding development opportunities drive the sector?
• How are investors integrating ESG criteria into their residential strategies?
• Xavier Jongen, Managing Director at Catella Residential
• Christian Winther Fladeland, Co-CIO at Heimstaden AB
• Gemma Kendall, Head of Multifamily Investment, EMEA Capital Markets at JLL
• Jörg Schwagenscheidt, CEO at QSix Germany