Join the Durham Literacy Center for a virtual fundraising event on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 from 8:00-9:00 a.m.!
Tune in for:
- A celebration of the resilience and achievements of DLC’s students and our impact during the pandemic.
- A discussion of digital equity and inclusion disparities within our community and how these gaps impact learning in the 21st Century.
- An update on remote instruction during COVID-19 and the DLC’s pandemic response.
- Recognition of this year’s Leader in Literacy Award winner.
- Conversations with students, volunteers, and other members of the DLC community.
The Durham Literacy Center has provided tuition-free instruction to over 18,000 adults in Durham since 1985. Our programs help adults ages 16+ improve their reading, writing, math, and English language skills, and gain the credentials they need to move on to the next stages of their educational and career journeys. Over the last year, all our programs have shifted to remote instruction due to the COVID-19 pandemic, for the first time in our organization’s 35-year history.
Please join us on May 25th to learn more about how we plan to build on the successes of the last year to meet increased need and help our students and community get back on their feet post-pandemic.