As an executive, you have intimate knowledge of the goings-on in your business – the financials, the marketing objectives, and what is happening on the ground operationally.
Executives rarely understand governance requirements that come with being on a board though. While the topic is touched on when studying to become a Chartered Accountant or in completing an MBA, little or no practical experience is gained.
Join thought leader and governance expert Tim Holmes as he shares five aspects that every corporate executive who wants to evolve to the boardroom should know.
He will look beyond only compliance requirements to include:
- The difference in thinking required from a boardroom perspective
- The newly-introduced ISO 37000 corporate governance standard which applies to any country that recognises ISO standards
- Eight strategic areas that you need to be aware of as a director
- What you need to know before attending your first board meeting
- How to support the board better in your current role
Date: 26 April
Time: 10h00 (GMT) | 12h00 (CAT) | 13h00 (EAT)
Online via Zoom
Learn how to pave the way from the C-suite to the boardroom with a foundation of knowledge and practical tips that will see you through.