The International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Society of Endocrinology (ISE) would like to invite you to the second part of this educational initiative as part of a mutual commitment to advance the management of overlapping endocrinology and kidney diseases worldwide.
Join nephrologist Natasha Rogers (Australia) and endocrinologist Pankaj Shah (USA) in a case-based educational session that will discuss endocrine and metabolic complications after a kidney transplant.
***Topics to be dicussed***
1. Management of hyperglycemia/diabetes in patients awaiting transplant
2. Transient hyperglycemia after transplant
-Identifying candidates likely to need insulin treatment in hospital
-Differentiate between transient hyperglycemia and diabetes
-Does aggressive management prevent future Post-Transplant Diabetes Mellitus (PTDM)?
3. Definition and monitoring of PTDM
4. How does PTDM impact on survival post-transplant?
5. Reducing the Risk of PTDM
-Modifying immune modulators
6. Managing other metabolic risk factors post-transplant including hyperlipidemia + obesity
7. Treating PTDM
-Traditional and newer agents for people with PTDM