Why does anyone go to college? We often hear "to get a better job." However, so many teens embark on the college search process without taking time to consider careers and majors--the two things that should be driving the process. What do you need to know right now, while your teen is still in high school? There are steps parents can take to help their teens with career and major decisions which are right around the corner.
TWO OPTIONS TO WATCH:
• Register and watch live on 2/28/23 (Recommended!)
• Register and watch on your schedule
We will be providing a recording of this 90-minute webinar to all who register so your family can watch when it fits your schedule. Families watching live have the benefit of asking questions during the program. Those watching on demand can share their quick questions with us via email.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Parents and Students - Grade 8-12
Join At The Core Founder and CEO Beth Probst and Human Resources Trainer at Columbus State Community College & At The Core facilitator Taylor Slocum for this FREE, thought-provoking discussion.
Webinar topics include:
• How can a student really learn about CAREERS and tie them to college MAJORS?
• A demonstration of websites to learn about careers and advice on when to use them
• Evaluation of the interests, traits, & values of a teen which can lead to a mindful career search
• Tips we can share from our work with teens and families
• Lots of resources and tools your family will value
Families will want to consider registering for our additional webinars about college planning, testing, paying for college, & more. Visit www.GettingAtTheCore.com/upcoming-webinars for the complete list.
Please note that not all questions may be answered during the program due to time constraints. Families with very specific student or situation questions will be better served by our Private Consultation service (in-person in Central Ohio or online nationwide).