It’s notoriously difficult to recruit for certain soft FM services.
Challenges include hiring the right skill level, keeping people motivated, and making the job appealing, all whilst delivering what the business needs.
This problem seems to be more profound in a post-Covid workplace. So what can FMs do to try and help with their recruitment for soft services?
Panellists will be discussing:
• Ways to keep staff engaged in their job through good workplace culture
• The current skills shortage in a number of FM areas
• How outsourcing some soft services could be a solution to the recruitment issue
Moderator: Sara Bean, Editor FMJ
• Jess Pritchard, Head of Corporate Sector, Moneypenny
• Mark Whittaker, General Manager, Thompson FM & Chair, Institute of Workplace & Facilities Management (IWFM)
• Ian Wright, Soft Services Manager, University College London
• David Bauld, Group Facilities Manager, Paradigm Housing
• Coleen Cloherty, Director of Build Recruitment