Presented by Andrew J. Sommer and Megan S. Shaked
2022 brings changes for California employers to a range of topics touching on traditional employment law matters as well as health and safety concerns, both general and related to COVID-19. This webinar will review compliance obligations for companies doing business in California, as well as discuss the practical impact of these new laws and best practices for avoiding potential employment-related claims.
Participants in this webinar will learn about:
• The revised Cal/OSHA Emergency Temporary
• Senate Bill 606, which broadly expands Cal/OSHA’s enforcement authority and the penalty amounts employers may be assessed
• Assembly Bill 701 – the “warehouse quota” law – providing a private right of action where an employer fails to disclose work quotas or the quotas prevent compliance with meal and rest periods or other occupational health and safety laws
• Updates to the California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
• Clarification to existing prohibitions regarding settlement agreements and non-disparagement agreements
• Other wage and hour legal developments
• Updates to minimum wage requirements
This program is valid for 1.00 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.