Northern Beaches Hospital invites General Practitioners and Allied Health professionals to attend this live, online and interactive meeting with Dr Philip Le Page and Dr Johnny Kwei.
Activity ID: 283009
This webinar for Healthcare Professionals aims to understand the contemporary eligibility criteria for weight loss and metabolic surgery by identifying the proven long term health benefits. Additional important considerations of the risk of a patient having unresolved chronic disease burden of obesity, along with the risk profiles of minimally invasive procedures will be explained. The comprehensive multidisciplinary approach within a specialised clinic and hospital will be explored. Types of body contouring surgery, benefits and risks will also be discussed.
1. Identify the key technical differences between the different types of weight loss/metabolic surgery.
2. Identify the long term health benefits of surgery
3. Distinguish strategies of ongoing psychological support and intervention after weight loss/metabolic surgery
4. Determine who is suitable for body contouring surgery
5. Differentiate types of surgery offered, benefits and risks