A pan-African trade union – big opportunity for Swedish business?
Join us for a 45 minute webinar together with Kommerskollegium to find out how
Join this webinar and learn more about the African Continental Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) and how it will affect your business in Africa. When fully developed, it will be the world’s biggest free trade area, comprising a majority of the 55 African states. As of May 2019, 30 countries had ratified the agreement. The agreement is now intended to be implemented on 1st of January next year.
Presenting at the webinar is Malin Ljungkvist, Senior Adviser Trade Policy at the Swedish National Board of Trade (Kommerskollegium) and Jörgen Levin, Senior Researcher at the Nordic Africa Institute.
Areas to be covered are:
• What does the AfCFTA mean for Swedish businesses?
• What do the agreement entail in terms of duty-free trade?
• What are the implications when doing business across Africa?
• Will any tariffs be introduced for goods coming from outside Africa, from another African country?
• How will this change the overall trade conditions and environment for companies that are active on the African continent?
The webinar and interactive Q&A will be moderated by our board member Joakim Rådström.
This webinar will be held in Swedish.