To help mark Dyslexia Week (4 - 10 October 2021) Dafydd Henke-Reed, Head of Accessibility at AbilityNet will share his expert advice about dyslexia and technology.
In this webinar, Dafydd will champion the ways technology has helped with his dyslexia. He will examine the digital barriers to avoid, and explain good practice for enabling dyslexic users online.
Dafydd will address a range of topics including:
- Challenges with communication including written text and verbal communication
- Tech and tools available to help with dyslexia, including emojis, voice chat, and multimedia messaging
- Speech to text software: Dragon Naturally Speaking, Siri / Alexa, Office Dictate, Mac OS / iOS Dictation
- Text to speech software: Read&Write, ClaroRead, Office Speak, Mac OS / iOS Speech
If you're dyslexic and are looking for advice about how technology can help you, learn from Dafydd about how technology has revolutionised his experience of dyslexia.
For digital professionals, the free session will also examine digital barriers to avoid, and what you can do to make your websites more accessible for people with dyslexia and other cognitive issues.
Who will benefit from this webinar?
- Anyone with dyslexia, or those who support someone with dyslexia.
- Web editors and developers working to make digital accessibility improvements.
The webinar will include an opportunity for you to pose your questions about the topic.
(If you find that you can’t attend, please don’t worry. All of our webinars are recorded and you can find them on our website: www.abilitynet.org.uk/webinars. We encourage you to register even if you're unable to attend live, as both attendees and absentees will receive a link to the webinar recording and slides.)