Join us Saturday May 30, 2020 at Noon Pacific / 3 PM Eastern / 8 PM UK time!
- David Vallance MD (Livonia, Michigan)
- Lindsay Parks DO (Indiana, PA)
- Alexander Higgins MD (Barrington, NJ)
- Gary Tarrant MD, CCFP, FCFP, MDPAC(C) (St. John's, NL, Canada)
Session 1: COVID-19 Pandemic Review and Update
- Dr. Vallance will review current COVID-19 statistics and projection models, review current and potential therapies, and discuss conspiracy theories and antivaccination biases.
Session 2: Government Directives and Current Best Practices to “Flatten the Curve” and Protect the Vulnerable
- Dr. Parks will examine the rationale for government regulations, what “community mitigation” involves, policies that assemblies might adopt when they are permitted to meet again, and the value of continuing live-streamed and Zoom sessions for some scenarios.
Session 3: Addressing the Tension Between COVID-19 Requirements and Biblical Principles
- Dr. Higgins will review what the Bible teaches about civil disobedience and whether COVID-19 directives call for that response. He will offer suggestions to overseers who wish to gather as biblically as possible and yet with a sensitivity towards the COVID-19 risks, especially for the sake of vulnerable saints within a local assembly.
Sessions will be 20-25 minutes each, followed by a Q&A period at the end of the webinar.
Hosted by Caleb Simonyi-Gindele from the Glen Ewen Gospel Hall, Saskatchewan, Canada with oversight of this event provided by elders there.
A recording of the event will be posted to YouTube. Please register to receive notice of the recording even if you are not able to attend.
Registrations will be added to Caleb's Oversight Today mailing list.