Presented by Andrew J. Sommer & Megan S. Shaked
2021 brings significant changes for California employers, from legislation and Cal/OSHA rulemaking associated with COVID-19 prevention to wage and hour developments. This webinar will review compliance obligations for companies doing business in California, as well as discuss the practical impact of these new laws and best practices for avoiding potential employment-related claims.
Participants will learn about the following:
• The new Cal/OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard as well as industry-specific legislation on COVID-19 prevention
• COVID-19-related reporting mandates, following potential exposure in the workplace and in the case of outbreaks in the workplace
• The new requirement to submit an annual report of employee pay data to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing beginning March 31, 2021
• Review of the ABC test used in determining whether a worker is an employee or independent contractor for purposes of the wage and hour violations and unemployment claims and new exceptions
• Other wage and hour and leave of absence legal developments
• Current minimum wage requirements both statewide and on local level
The webinar will also address steps employers can take to achieve compliance including evaluating current personnel practices and updating employee handbooks, employment agreements and training protocol.