MEMBERS ONLY WEBINAR
Cultural Enterprises has partnered with Mental Health First Aid England to present this introduction to mental health, developed specifically for the workplace.
The session will give some guidance on how to approach your own and colleague’s mental health during one of the most stressful professional environments of our lifetimes.
Although not a directly commercial topic, the mental well-being of members is important to the Association. It is also widely recognised that improving mental health provision and training for managers, boosts staff productivity, retention and workplace wellbeing. A UK government report on mental health in the workplace found “where investments have been made in improving mental health show a consistently positive return on investment… a finding which is bolstered by a number of academic meta-studies which demonstrate the benefits of good work for mental health…a manager mental health training programme could lead to a significant reduction in work-related sickness absence”. The Stevenson / Farmer Review, 2017
What will I learn?
• Recognise that we all have mental health that changes during our lifetime
• Self-reflect on how all of us can become vulnerable to stress and poor mental health
• Identify signs that a colleague or member of your team might be struggling
• Know what to do to get help for ourselves and others both in work and out
It is ideal for employees at all levels, runs for one hour and this live presentation includes:
• Understanding mental health
• Early warning signs of distress
• Stigma and barriers to help-seeking
• How to begin a conversation
There will be an opportunity to share with the Association what your priorities are in terms of mental health training in the sector, so we can provide further resources in the coming months.