Organized by Arab Center Washington DC and the Institute for Palestine Studies, this webinar will focus attention on the implications of the 2021 Palestinian elections. Speakers will discuss the impact of the elections on Palestinian rights and aspirations, the dynamics of current intra-Palestinian political divisions and paralysis, the path to national reconciliation, internal Palestinian views of the potential outcome, international perspectives and expectations, and ramifications for the prospects of a negotiated peace agreement and a Palestinian state.
The speakers will also address the recent announcement that the elections will be postponed and answer the following important questions:
1. What are the real reasons behind the announcement to postpone the elections?
2. How will postponing the elections affect Palestinian politics and national aspirations?
3. How do the Palestinian public and different political parties view this decision?
4. What part did the Biden Administration play in pushing for and/or postponing the elections?
5. How will this impact Palestinian internal dynamics, national reconciliation, and future elections?