This webinar is a roundtable conversation between Miller Center leadership, Social Enterprises on the journey of IMM with Miller Center, Next Billion, and Sopact.
There is a growing interest in social enterprises due to their potential to create innovative models for employment, entrepreneurship, social inclusion, public service quality, local development, and environmental protection. As a result, investors seek investments that can deliver a higher impact. However, due diligence often fails to provide reliable evidence of impact, making finding a suitable investment difficult.
Miller Center has been relentlessly improving social enterprises for over 20 years. Integrating impact measurement and management practices had been a big challenge for Miller. In 2021, Miller Center partnered with Sopact to systematically build an impact management capacity of 300 social enterprises. The program exclusively focused on how to learn and share social impact evidence.
The four-part program includes high-touch support from Miller Center's mentor network, Miller Center staff, and the Sopact team.
We will discuss our learnings from the ongoing program. Selected social enterprises will share their journey regarding the need and challenges of Impact Measurement and Management.
1) Introduction to impact experiments: Sopact (https://www.sopact.com/)
2) Introduction to Impact Model course for social enterprises: Miller (https://www.millersocent.org/)
3) Impact Learnings: Well Beyond
4) Impact Learnings: IRDA
5) Impact Learnings: Smart Haven Africa
6) What is changing for Social Enterprises? (https://nextbillion.net)
7) What role of impact investors, accelerators, and philanthropy in IMM?
8) Success ladder for social enterprises: Miller (https://www.millersocent.org/)
9) How to raise capital through better impact evidence and communication?