Presented by Mark Trapp and Ashley Mitchell
Disciplining employees, a critical tool in enforcing workplace rules, has the potential to create problems, especially when relationships deteriorate and emotions run high. Even in situations where an employer is disciplining for the right reason, if it is handled incorrectly, a costly lawsuit or labor grievance could result. Employers, however, cannot ignore misconduct and/or poor performance that negatively impacts productivity, employee morale, workplace culture, or the organization's ability to meet key goals. Consistent employee discipline can also benefit employers in litigation, union grievances, and inspections and investigations by the EEOC and OSHA.
This webinar will give you a blueprint to lawfully discipline employee and mitigate the risk of future litigation. Participants in this webinar will learn about:
• The legal implications of disciplining employees
• Tips for drafting effective discipline policies
• Effective investigations into performance issues and misconduct
• Strategies for carrying out effective discipline in a legally sound manner
• Ways that employee discipline can be used offensively in litigation