John Fawkner Private Hospital invites General Practitioners to attend this live, online and interactive meeting presented by Dr Saam Tourani, Dr Elizabeth Blackley, Dr Paul De Ieso and facilitated by Breast Care Nurse Bonita Blight.
Activity ID 280867
This webinar aims to provide GP's with an overview of a multidisciplinary approach to breast cancer treatment. The presentations will provide updates on:
• Medical Oncology
• Modern breast conservative surgery
The activity will examine evidence, patient case studies and the treatment options available to primary care.
1. Describe radiotherapy in the treatment of breast cancer.
2. Discuss the side effects to expect and how radiation
oncology has evolved to reduce these risks.
3. Describe modern breast conservative surgery techniques and the advantages for patients undergoing breast cancer surgery.
4. Discuss the reasons behind neoadjuvant vs adjuvant treatment in breast cancer.