Northern Beaches Hospital invites General Practitioners and Allied Health professionals to attend this live, online and interactive meeting with Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr Jonathan Negus and Pain Management Specialist Dr Tim Hucker
Activity ID: 283046
This education session is an exploration of the available assessment and management pathways for patients with early to late-stage hip and knee arthritis. The focus is on how the Orthopaedic surgeon can work with the patient’s GP to help educate the patient on their condition and the options they can choose, to help relieve pain and improve function.
1. Recognise the available nonsurgical therapies and their relative success rates and the goals of joint replacement surgery for patient expectation management.
2. Determine the factors leading to enhanced recovery and early discharge from hospital.
3. Assess and formulate a plan of management for the patient with osteoarthritis.
4. Recognise the different generators of axial pain and approach to interventions used in chronic axial pain and their outcomes.
5. Demonstrate overall strategies for axial pain management.