Presented by Kara M. Maciel and Daniel C. Deacon
On December 19, 2021, Mayor Bill de Blasio and the New York City Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene issued a private employer vaccine mandate which requires workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public for work to provide proof of vaccination before entering the workplace. The mandate did not provide much of a runway for employers to come into compliance, as employers had to make sure employees received their first vaccine dose by December 27th – just eleven days from the announcement.
It is also important to remember that all New York employers remain subject to the NY HERO Act, which requires employers to implement a written airborne infectious disease plan and certain exposure controls whenever the Health Commissioner declares a public health emergency involving an airborne infectious disease.
During this webinar, we will provide a detailed analysis of this latest development and answer key questions including:
• Which businesses are covered by the Order?
• What does the Order required covered entities to do?
• Who must display proof of vaccination?
• Do I need to check proof of vaccination for contractors visiting my workplace who are employed by another company?
• What kind of records do I need to keep when I check for proof of vaccination?
• How do I verify my workers’ proof of vaccination?
• Do I need to verify proof of vaccination for workers who do not live in New York City?
• What if a worker says their religion or a medical condition prevents them from getting vaccinated?
• Are employers required to pay employees if they did not submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccine dose or a request for a reasonable accommodation by the Dec. 27th deadline?
This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
We have reached full capacity! If you are unable to join, we will send a copy of the slides and the recording to all registrants a few days after the webinar.