Historically, lawyers have made significant contributions in shaping Indian society through policies, politics, and activism. The modern in-house counsel is a little bit of everything – the moral compass, the strategic partner, the lawyer, and then some. This session explores:
• Should GCs be a voice for social change?
• Should pro-bono and volunteer work be a mandatory requirement for hiring a law firm?
• How should Boards in India handle this change?
• How does the business’s identity and belief impact the General Counsel’s reputation?
• In today’s digital age, is it possible to separate your personal brand from that of the business?
Moderator: Navneet Hrishikesan, Executive Director, Legal and Head of Service Provider, Asia Pacific & Japan, Cisco Systems.
• Lakshminarayan (LAN), Chief Endowment Officer, Azim Premji Foundation
• Lakshika Joshi, AVP – Legal and Global IP Lead, Altran
• Sachin Malhan, Co-Founder, Agami