OpenLearning Basics Workshop 5: Facilitating Your Course & Building Your Online Community
Want to build a learning community within your course to keep the learning going even when the course is over? Join us!
Online courses are often misunderstood as a platform for passive learning. But in reality, you can have a very engaging learning community within your course. Your learners can keep learning even after the course has ended. How can you do this? This is where the role of a facilitator comes into play.
This workshop will identify the roles and responsibilities of an online facilitator and introduce various facilitation techniques to establish and cultivate a learning community in your online course. Other than that, you will be introduced to a range of communication strategies to establish and cultivate a learning community.
During this workshop, we will:
• Identify roles and responsibilities of a facilitator
• Evaluate the effectiveness of various facilitation techniques in a range of contexts and choose an appropriate one for your course
Who can join?
• Educators, teachers, professors, tutors, content creators and freelancers
• Corporate trainers, learning designers, HR managers
• Anyone who is interested to facilitate their online course
About the OpenLearning Basics Workshop Series:
There are 5 live workshops within this series. You can choose to attend one or more of the following workshops:
• May 11, 2022 - Workshop 1: Developing Your Course Structure
• Jun 15, 2022 - Workshop 2: Start Building Your Online Course
• Jul 20, 2022 - Workshop 3: How to Design Engaging Online Learning Activities
• Aug 18, 2022 - Workshop 4: Designing & Setting Up Outcome-based Assessment
• Oct 19, 2022 - Workshop 5: Facilitating Your Course & Building Your Online Community
Don't worry if you are unable to attend any of the live workshop sessions — you will still receive the recordings.
For queries, please contact email@example.com.