This 1.5 hour webinar will cover what those who provide legal advice to complainants of workplace harassment need to know about what is involved in a complainant's journey through the criminal justice system.
We will discuss:
• What criminal offences may arise from sexual harassment in the workplace?
• What does the criminal justice process look like?
• What supports are available for the complainant in a criminal matter?
• Does the complainant need to have a lawyer?
• What is the role of counsel for a complainant during the criminal process?
• What about privacy issues?
This webinar is presented in partnership with the SHARP Workplaces Legal Clinic operated by CLAS (Sexual Harassment Advice, Response, and Prevention for Workplaces). The presentation will be aimed primarily at SHARP Workplaces roster lawyers. However, other lawyers and law students are welcome to attend.
Our speakers will be Sandra Cunningham, Q.C. and Gloria Ng.
Participants in this webinar may claim up to 1.5 hours of CPD credit with the Law Society of BC.