Join us for a special event to announce the winners of the third annual Juliette Gimon Courage Awards. The 2021 Courage Awards will recognize the courage and perseverance of three local nonprofits working to advance the rights of children and young people living in difficult circumstances around the world.
Speakers will include:
• John Hecklinger, President and CEO of Global Fund for Children
• Maya Ajmera, Founder of Global Fund for Children, President and CEO of Society for Science, and Publisher of Science News
• Marianne Gimon d’Ansembourg, Juliette's sister, independent consultant, and Board member of Refugees International
• Alicia D'Addario, Senior Attorney at the Equal Justice Initiative
• Representatives of the 2021 winning organizations
GFC gives the annual Courage Awards through the Juliette Gimon Fund for Courageous Leadership – a more than $1 million endowment made possible by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation and other donors – in honor of Juliette Gimon, who passed away in 2018. A global philanthropist and former GFC Board Chair, Juliette helped shape GFC through her wisdom, insights, and profound concern for children, changing hundreds of thousands of young lives across the globe.
Learn more: https://globalfundforchildren.org/courage-awards/