Join us for a mini-workshop on building functional Android Apps with the Arrow Open Source Library from Jorge Castillo.
Arrow provides utilities to enable Functional Programming in Kotlin. It also provides integration with the Kotlin stdlib suspend system out of the box by the new Arrow Fx Coroutines library, so you can write your pure functional apps using it, and still keep total support for cancellation.
In this mini-workshop, you will learn:
- How to separate concerns in a functional Android app (algebras vs runtime).
- Writing Android apps as Functional Streams.
- How to update and react to state changes. Unidirectional data flow.
- How to keep effects under control using Arrow Fx Coroutines.
- How to integrate your functional codebase with libraries leveraging suspend support like Retrofit.
- Approach to concurrency using Arrow Fx Coroutines.
- How to control, recover from, and model errors in our domain using Either in the context of suspend.
- How to scope our suspended computations using the Android lifecycle scopes.
- How to test our functional codebase.
Please use the Q&A section for all questions related to the webinar material, not chat.