The organization of stroke centers is an important public health intervention with proven efficacy in improving outcomes for stroke patients and providing the background on which to build stroke systems of care.
This program aims to provide a framework for organizing stroke centers: reviewing the methodology, nursing education, and data collection for quality improvement.
- How to organize a Stroke Center - Methodology - Victor C. Urrutia
- Importance of Nursing Involvement and Education in Organizing Stroke Centers - Brenda Johnson
- Use of International Databases for Stroke Quality - Hernan Bayona Ortiz
- To learn about the methodology behind organizing a Stroke Center
- To learn why it is important to involve nursing and the approach to training, as well as nursing specific activities that support the Stroke Center
- To discuss how data collection aids in performance improvement and implementation