This recurring webinar is updated monthly. Contact your Spectrum MSL for information on future meetings, or register here for automatic updates.
This activity aims to reiterate core knowledge regarding the types of cannabinoids available via TGA approval in Australia and details their correct use, indications, contraindications, precautions and side effects with particular emphasis on the important differences between cannabidiol and THC.
The activity describes a framework for prescribing medicinal cannabis safely and appropriately by outlining medicinal cannabis pharmacology, toxicology, legal and regulatory requirements, current evidence and approaches to monitoring patients using these medications. This activity accentuates a non-maleficence approach to medicinal cannabis in general practice.
1. Describe the pharmacotherapeutic principles behind the use of medicinal cannabis including administration routes, dosages, cannabis types and complete and relative contraindications;
2. Explain the regulatory framework underlying safe and appropriate use of medicinal cannabis in general practice, including the use of supporting evidence when applying to treat a condition and use of appropriate documentation processes;
3. Outline the role of and considerations in using medicinal cannabis in persons with previous opiate use disorders, recreational cannabis use and patients who wish to continue driving;
4. Summarise potential side effects, long term risks, safety and toxicity profiles for patients regarding medicinal cannabis when considering this therapeutic option;
5. Demonstrate effective systems for prescribing medicinal cannabis safely, including collaboration with the patient’s non-GP specialists, regular review of patient progress and management of permits and documentation.
Praxhub is a CPD education provider under the RACGP CPD Program (email@example.com).
Aug 5, 2020 07:30 PM
Time shows in
Sep 2, 2020 07:30 PM
Oct 7, 2020 07:30 PM
Nov 4, 2020 07:30 PM
Dec 2, 2020 07:30 PM