A seminar on the grave current challenges to access to justice posed by years of funding cuts to Legal Aid and the Courts Service, backlogs in servicing of cases, coupled with the impact of COVID-19.
This online seminar with leaders in the profession will explore the above along with related effects on diversity, sustainability, entry and training as well as regard and respect for the Rule of Law.
- Ellie Reeves MP, Shadow Solicitor General
- Amanda Pinto QC, Chair of the Bar Council
- John Morgan, Chair of the Junior Labour Lawyers
- Katherine Duncan, Chair of the Young Bar Committee of the Bar Council
- Rebecca Wilkie, CEO of Advocate (Invited)
- Sam Townend, Vice-Chair of the Society of Labour Lawyers (Chair)