Please join Fostering Media Connections as we provide an open space for current and former foster youth to speak about racism and police brutality.
Raquel Wilson, who leads Fostering Media Connection’s Youth Voice Program, will moderate the discussion alongside four panelists who have all experienced foster care.
- What has your experience been with police brutality or police in general?
- Is protest - including rioting - the way to bringing about more racial equity??
- How has dealing with these issues affected your life?
- What are your thoughts on the death of George Floyd and many other unarmed victims killed by police?
- What are your feelings when these officers are found “not guilty?”
- How can youth cope with the raw emotions related to experiencing traumatic events like these?